cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is what happens when you make a CA mad.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what happens when you make a CA mad.

I am a newbie to this forum. I have a couple of questions.....PLEASE HELP!!  1.  How can this be?  I filed bankruptcy in 2003, the bankruptcy itself is listed on TransUnion and Experian but not Equifax.  The accounts under TransUnion and Experian have no bankruptcy accounts listed.  Equifax on the other hand doesn't list the bankruptcy itself but lists four accounts as bankruptcy.  Is this something  that I need to look into?  2.  I was having some accounts deleted from CFW Collections.  I succeeded in doing so then I made the mistake of calling them and asking for a PFD and was told absolutely not, that I must pay the account in full and it would stay on my account until it fell off, even if it was paid.  I was then told that there was another account waiting to be reported to the credit bureau i disputed another though CFW and successfully had it deleted.  The same day that it was deleted the new account was added, dropping my credit score.  The thing is, they had this account listed as opened in April of 2008 and reported July 7, 2008.  That is less than 3 months.  This is a medical bill incurred when I lived in another state over two years ago.  How can it be reported as date opened in 4/08 and reported just three months later when the bill was actually from over two years old.  Also, the original balance and the balance due amounts differ.  Original balance $320. and balance due amount $453.  So far it has dropped my Experian score by 31 points.  Some advice please!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: This is what happens when you make a CA mad.

Date opened is probably the date the CA got the account and the date reported is the date they reported it to the CRA. If you notice on your CR the date reported changes monthly, every time they report to the CRA.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't the CA's have to go from the date the account was defaulted on with the OC?  Wouldn't that be the date opened?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

broadh2o wrote:
Don't the CA's have to go from the date the account was defaulted on with the OC?  Wouldn't that be the date opened?

No, technically they are reporting the right date. That is the date the account was opened with their offices.

Now, DOFD must match the OC and they can not change that.

On medical accounts, DOFD is the same as date of service.

Date open doesn't matter anyhow.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.