Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This last collection....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This last collection....

Has anyone heard of Credit Bureau Associates?
I have a 6 year old collection account with them for a broken lease with American Property Management.
I've never received anything from them so I disputed (bad idea). SOLC was up a couple years ago but they started reporting again after not reporting since 2010.
I've sent a letter to the OC and CA explaining that the front was the one who broke the lease by not providing us with a working refrigerator for over 30 days. I pleaded that they delete the 6 year old collection.
The property management company no longer manages the complex because of the mismanagement of the front office. No response.
So I went to BBB and filed a complaint for the OC and another for CA. They have five more days to respond.
It's not like I used money and didn't pay it back. I was taken advantage of by the front office and served with 3 day pay or quit, so I quit!
I don't know what else to do...
I wish this would just disappear already but not due to fall off till 09/16.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: This last collection....

You would need to research your states laws and avail yourself of any relief that may be offered for them not proviiding a "lievable" place with working appliances if they were to do so by the contract between the 2 of you.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.
Do you think I have any grounds to sue the collection agency or the original creditor. If their SOL is up, so is mine right?
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
Do you think I have any grounds to sue the collection agency or the original creditor. If their SOL is up, so is mine right?

If they cant sue you then you cant sue them its too late. You may be able to complain to the state AG or state housing authority if there is one.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.