Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This whole thing is really such a crapshoot

tag
chryanna
New Contributor

This whole thing is really such a crapshoot

It's all about taking the right tack with the right person at the right time. I've had the most luck with being sincere, grateful and apologetic. But sometimes pulling out the lawyer give-me-what-I-want-or-I'm-fully-prepared-to-make-every-legal-problem-I-can is the way to go. Half the time, I can guage whether someone will be receptive in the first five minutes, and if not, I just give up quickly to minimize the notes in my file, because these are big companies- there's always someone else to talk to.

On the one hand, it's a little gruelling. On the other, it's a little personally encouraging, because I am pretty sure I'll be able to have pretty immaculate credit in a very short period just by being persistent. Finally, on that third hand? It's hard not to be a little cynical about it. Credit scores really aren't that indicative of your creditworthiness if a few dozen emails and lots of phone haggling will resuscitate even the bleakest FICO scores.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: This whole thing is really such a crapshoot

RIGHT ON THE MONEY!! See my post removed old addresses total confirmation although I only had a handful of baddies and for some its like 30-50 that would be torturous to me.  Glad you are having success its like drugs ...Yeah I got this deleted Smiley LOL

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 6
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

You are right on the money...  I have even really started modeling my repair tacktics after war strategies... The mass bombing method is what I am using this week... picking a bunch of addresses sending 10-15 letters (same letter) and hoping one gets to the right person...

I am hoping my efforts in march will proove to be lucky! :-)

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Smiley LOL I laughed so hard I almost choked!!

Message 4 of 6
chryanna
New Contributor

It is kind of funny though. If credit providers knew the lengths we'd gone to, we'd be even less desirable as candidates. Here's someone who didn't pay their bills reliably annnnnd  look how much administrative expense and head ache they cause after the fact. I know I'd pass on that portfolio.

Message 5 of 6
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Looks can be deceiving> Dont judge a book by its cover ALL TRUE I wouldnt care if they said stand on your head and sing swanny river if it gets me what I want ..so be it  Truth be told most about 65% maybe more dont do what we do we are one demented group Smiley LOLjust kicking around in the forums but at least we have end result   A credit report that if I was the lender would think TO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.