Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomas agency medical bills

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thomas agency medical bills

I could really use some advice on how to get items deleted from my cr with this agency, I have not contacted them as of yet because I want to make sure that I do it correctly.
First off I have several large accounts with them from my husbands knee replacement surgery which should have been billed to workers compensation and never were. My question with these are will they delete them automatically or do I need to go through some sort of mailing them process ?
Secondly they have several other accounts listed that look like duplicates. I don't really know how to start this process of getting them to verify the accounts. I am overwhelmed with this process and could really use some input . Thank you all so much Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thomas agency medical bills

I havent had any luck with "pay for delete" with Thomas.   If you pay any of them they send the update to the 3 bureaus on the 15th of each month.    Something I found with them is that they  report to the bureaus the debt in both spouses names.   I  figured this out that they reported to me and my wifes name when really they were all in my wifes name.   I disputed these with all 3 bureaus and got 14! medical collections off my account because of this.       I had one left in my name for $54. that I paid off with Thomas.  Then I disputed with all 3 knowing it should fall off my reports for a few years.  But for whatever reason 2 or the 3 bureaus deleted from my record.   So i only have one baddie on Equifax  .   It should fall off in 2017.     Good luck with Thomas.    Just make sure you have studied up on how to talk.  Dont admit any of them are yours even though they probably all are.   You dont want them updating the dates or something when they should be ready to fall off.   Also make sure your not paying some that are past the statute of limitaions.   Good luck.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the feedback, they have about 20 accounts listed on my husbands cr. Several of them are workers comp related and I think they should remove them considering they are not his? But the other ones look like they are multiples of the same . I think I might contact the state of Maine consumer credit before I start to deal with them. Also do you know anything about putting a freez on your cr? I was looking into this and I am not sure if this will stop CRA from selling your accounts ?? Does anyone know of this ??
Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much for the feedback, they have about 20 accounts listed on my husbands cr. Several of them are workers comp related and I think they should remove them considering they are not his? But the other ones look like they are multiples of the same . I think I might contact the state of Maine consumer credit before I start to deal with them. Also do you know anything about putting a freez on your cr? I was looking into this and I am not sure if this will stop CRA from selling your accounts ?? Does anyone know of this ??

You can freeze your CRs by going to each CRA and paying for it if our state allows a charge for the service, there are also fees involved in unfreezing to app for credit if you are in a pay state. The CRAs dont sell accounts OCs and JDBs do and freeing a report will not stop any derog reporting from showing up.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before you do anything google the HIPPA Letter Process.  If you have any problems finding the website or questions PM me.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help, I will post an update this week once I start this dreaded process !!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.