cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought I was doing better :P Guess not!

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Thought I was doing better :P Guess not!

Finally got an update on quizzle and my score dropped to 491 =/  (was 574 last I saw) sesame is at 655 and karma at 587.  I see quizzles is provided by vantage?  Might be why it sucks so much?  The 4 judgements have been on there forever the only difference from the last report is I now have credit cards and those 2 collections were removed.

I thought I was doing good because I just had a charge off and collection removed from my EX and TU accounts.  (still no confirmation it was removed from EX but all the reports I pulled dont list it any longer and EQ never had the report)

So kinda sucks Smiley Happy  6 months of work and I did get cards, did get some things removed from my reports and my scores have dropped.  Arrrg!

Thanks for reading, just wanted to vent a tiny tiny bit cause I am annoyed Smiley Tongue  Not going for a house for another 2 years or so but still, would of been nice to see a jump in scores instead of a lowering.  Hoping to get it higher before March of next year when  I re-app for the prime cards. 

Credit Report Summary

Utilization37%
 Available Credit$2,534
 Length of Credit History11 Years 2 Months
 Average Age of Accounts3 Years 4 Months

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thought I was doing better :P Guess not!

I dont think your score will dropped because of you have collection removed. I think it dropped because you add more cards to your tradeline? Adding more card will affect your tradeline age average and it will dropped your score, but no worry it will go back up 6months plus if paid of time.

On a side note, i wouldnt be worry about those score dropped, as long as not your FICO then you be fine. Those are FAKO score lender wont look at those score, its only for education use.

I had my Credit Karma drops 63pt on me once, but my FICO transunion score increase because I paid from 20% utilization to 1%.

Message 2 of 10
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Its been 6 months of ontime payments so was hoping it was enough.  I know sticking with ontime payments and no more inquiries and paying balances down will help but was just discouraging to do 6 months of what I should be doing to get such a big drop on one of my scores.  (the others have stayed about the same)  Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't give any of those scores any weight. Only your FICO scores from myfico.com are what matters. For instance, my TU fico is 756, but credit karma says it is 621. Just keep paying your bills on time and I would also advise checking your REAL scores here on the site.

Message 4 of 10
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

AFAIK this site gives FAKOs just like my credit cards and the freebie reporting sites.  The scores this site gives would most likely be the same as my other fakos.

Can anyone correct me if im wrong there?  I always understood this site gave out FAKOs just like all other sites.

I have a handful of true fico scores from denied cards but they are about 5 months old and before I had my collection/charge offs removed.  All of them within 20 points of my fakos.  I dont have any recent fico pulls at all.  (if only CLI denials gave ficos!)

I am just basing it off of being one number 6 months ago and the same site reviewing my info and giving a much lower score later.  I know the score is off but it still dropped about 50 points for a reason and its the only score that did so I worry and fret about it Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is over 80 different FICO score of model lender use to get your score.  Different bank used different model, ill give you sample.

I have DCU and they used FICO04 model Beacon 5 which is the same exact score as FICO that I have now from Equifax.  I also did re-finance my car loan with another credit union bank and they pull my FICO98 model V2 Risk which from Experian.

From my personal experienced FICO are accurate according from lender when they pull your credit report and score, atleast mine are accurate.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have compared the scores from CC denials before to my FICO scores and they were spot on.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The FAKO scores are almost worthless. Lenders don't use them. The free sites are good for the free credit reports but that's it. FICO scores are the scores lenders use.
Message 8 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Do N O T pay attention to CreditKarma, Quizzle and the like.  You're on the CORRECT PATH.

Keep paying ontime, and keep everything below 30% and watch the inquiries.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Below 30% is good, but below 10% is better.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.