cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts from the more educated on credit please

tag
lucyann

Thoughts from the more educated on credit please

One of what seems like MANY with medical bills/collection issues.

Trying to deal with all my debt most of which stems from 2008 medical issue. Ive been paying on a few (1 of which isnt medical)......have learned I should have tried to get them to agree to removal in writting before paying . I have a few positives going for me a.) car Im joint owner of was paid off late last year 2.) with the start of working on a few of my collections a local bank "important person" was able to work it out for me to get a >$4000 loan with a lower rate. ANYWAY............

--While looking at one of my credit reports I noticed 2 of these medical bills where deemed delinquent the same month as the test/procedures. Is that the norm?

--With the few collections I have left: Is a goodwill letter gonna be an option if I cant pay a larger sum at once {none are huge amounts but money is pretty tight right now}.

2put? Thoughts? Questions? Suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Thoughts from the more educated on credit please

Delinquency is always based on the terms of contract for the debt or service.

When was the billing due date for the service?  Delinquencies become reportable to the CRAs after the payment has been delinquent for more than 30 days beyond the billing due date.  If a delinquency was reported as of the date of the service, I doubt very seriously if you had an agreement to pre-pay for the service?

Sounds fishy....

As for a GW request for deletion prior to payment of a debt, it is extremely unlikely.  One of the reasons creditors, and particularly debt collectors, report their derogs is as a collection tool.  It is very unlikely they will voluntarily delete that reporting until the debt is paid.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.