Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts please?

tag
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Thoughts please?

I have posted on here before about my situation with a CA (cornerstone). I live in anchorage. Up here Cornerstone Credit is the main CA for most businesses. I have 3 collections with them. Last week I called the OC for 2 of the collections trying to get them to recall the debt. No luck! My bosses boss was a banker in town and I thought he may know someone in upper management at cornerstone. I went to him and explained the situation and asked for his advice. He said yea cornerstone they are hard to work with. He didn't know anyone but knew all about them. He is an extremely smart man and gave me some advice. I would like to know what you guys think.

He said I should go down in person and ask to speak with someone. To take a copy of the BBB complaint where they did a PFD for someone that was in the military because that person was in danger of loosing the security clearance. He said should go from the first person I speak with to their supervisor and to there supervisor. On up the chain till I can't get any farther. To no matter what keep my cool. At the point of plateau very nicely admit that I made some mistakes and know it is against their policy to do PFDs. That I do know it is possible for them to do so if they wish and have done it in a few instances in the past. Show them the BBB complaint and ask for the same consideration. Let them know either way I am going to pay what I owe on all three accounts and leave myself at their mercy.

Its really not how I do things in life. To put myself in their hands with no leverage but it feels like the right thing to do.

Please let me know what you think is it smart or a pipe dream????

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Thoughts please?

Sent you a PM about this. Also, I would try your way first & just ask for a PFD first. In person would be great if you can do that, since you can get an agreement in writing right there.

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

...you may spend  long day on the receptionist's couch.

Message 3 of 7
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Lol!! I may at that! I know it may not come to anything but if they won't at least give me the courtesy to hear me out than it probably won't work out well for them. I may be moving to Texas soon. I went on the Texas secretary of states website. They aren't bonded in Texas. I'm at least offering to pay them in full. Owning up to the debt. If they don't have they courtesy to hear me out I'll see what they think about a Texas debt validation letter.

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Initiating a debt validation process is more likely to be viewed as confrontational than incentive to grant good-will.

I would think that tactic out ......

Message 5 of 7
J91605
Frequent Contributor

As of right now all I want is a few minutes of someone's time. Hear me out that's all then delete or not I'll pay. It's my debt.

Message 6 of 7
J91605
Frequent Contributor

I'm just ranting anyway had a tooth pulled today. Not happy in general. You are right Robert. Thank for alway putting thing in perspective. You always give good advice.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.