cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three letters in the mailbox... I'm so nervous!

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Three letters in the mailbox... I'm so nervous!

I wrote 3 letters earlier today - a PFD, a GW, and one to the attorney involved in 2 medical judgments. These are the first letters I ever wrote to repair my credit.

The PFD is going to Suburban Credit Corp. I asked to settle rather than PIF. Has this actually worked for anyone? It's a small amount, and I offered to pay about 70% of the balance.

The GW was sent to Credit Control Corp for a Cox Communications bill that was never sent to me. I had transferred service when I moved and kept service at the old address for an extra month (so I had service at 2 addresses). I paid my monthly bill as usual. Months after I stopped service at the old address, I received a letter from CCC saying that I owe for a Cox bill. I was confused because I was still a Cox customer. I complained, but Cox was mean and said they won't delete. This all happened right when I started my credit repair journey. So I explained all this in my letter, hoping CCC will play nice and delete it for me.

The 3rd letter was to make payment arrangements to satisfy judgments. I'm hoping the attorney will have a little sympathy for me. I mentioned my personal situation and that I am repairing my credit in the hopes of obtaining a mortgage next year. I also asked about possibly having those judgments vacated after they are paid. I hate having public records.

I will update if/when I get a response. Has anyone else dealt with these 2 CAs?

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Three letters in the mailbox... I'm so nervous!

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:
I wrote 3 letters earlier today - a PFD, a GW, and one to the attorney involved in 2 medical judgments. These are the first letters I ever wrote to repair my credit.

The PFD is going to Suburban Credit Corp. I asked to settle rather than PIF. Has this actually worked for anyone? It's a small amount, and I offered to pay about 70% of the balance.

The GW was sent to Credit Control Corp for a Cox Communications bill that was never sent to me. I had transferred service when I moved and kept service at the old address for an extra month (so I had service at 2 addresses). I paid my monthly bill as usual. Months after I stopped service at the old address, I received a letter from CCC saying that I owe for a Cox bill. I was confused because I was still a Cox customer. I complained, but Cox was mean and said they won't delete. This all happened right when I started my credit repair journey. So I explained all this in my letter, hoping CCC will play nice and delete it for me.

The 3rd letter was to make payment arrangements to satisfy judgments. I'm hoping the attorney will have a little sympathy for me. I mentioned my personal situation and that I am repairing my credit in the hopes of obtaining a mortgage next year. I also asked about possibly having those judgments vacated after they are paid. I hate having public records.

I will update if/when I get a response. Has anyone else dealt with these 2 CAs?

Is the Cox bill still unpaid or paid? If paid just keep sending GW's 

Message 2 of 11
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

It's paid. I had called Cox the same day I received the letter from CCC. The CSR basically said "too bad." The debt was sold. So I paid CCC immediately, then closed my Cox account.

If CCC doesn't budge, do I send the same GW letter again? How long do I wait for a response?

Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 3 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Keep sending until the cave in!!!

Old saying you can get 100's NO's but it only takes one yes!!!!! I learned that from my momma when she hit me on the head with a tennis racket 100 times before I yelled YES please stop!!! Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hope it goes well, keep us posted. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely send it again.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 11
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Thanks all!

Message 7 of 11
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

I checked my Equifax report today and noticed that the staus of my 2 judgments were changed to "pending." The status line was blank before. Mean anything?

Also, Credit Control Corp is no longer there. Wasn't expecting my GW letter to work that quickly!

Message 8 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Sending you positive vibes!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know the outcome ... and if any stray tennis rackets came your way Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.