Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Warner - CMI

tag
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Time Warner - CMI

I moved about 7 months ago and of course, forgot to turn off the Time Warner cable. I returned the box, but never had a forwarding address for the final bill. I just saw that I now have a CMI entry for a whipping $92. I called Time Warner and they are willing to take a payment over the phone or at a payment location.

My question is; If I pay Time Warner, and have a receipt. Should I be then able to DV CMI (They should then query TW and find there is no balance or account) and they would have to delete, right. Worst case I should be able to send copies of the paperwork to the CRA and have them remove it.

This make perfect sense to me, so that tells me I am wrong and throw this out for the experts to help with! ;) 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time Warner - CMI

Sorry, but your guess about being wrong is true Smiley Sad

Unfortunately  they will not have to delete upon seeing that the balance has been paid.  Instead, they will most likely update your collection as "Paid".  The bad news is that a paid collection is scored the same as an unpaid collection.

What I would do is try to negotiate a PFD with CMI.  You could even contact Time Warner and see if they can pull the collection back, but that is less likely and they really can't promise that CMI will remove the mark on your credit as they didn't put it there.  I would proceed by sending a PFD letter to CMI and going from there.  If you don't have any luck with the PFD, you could also try paying it and then sending GW letters afterwards.  Best of luck.

Message 2 of 3
Freefall
Regular Contributor

Re: Time Warner - CMI

Figured as much...

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.