cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Warner Cable collection question....

tag
thomcoogan
Established Member

Time Warner Cable collection question....

This is how it looks on myFICO report....

Collection on debt to: Time Warner La Metro

The collection agency "682YC05551" was hired to collect a debt of $192 originally owed to "Time Warner La Metro" on account number "XXXXXXXX".

Collection agency       682YC05551

Original balance         $192

Current balance         $175

Date assigned           Jul 07, 2010

Original lender           Time Warner La Metro

Account number         XXXXXXXX

Account holder           Individual

Account descriptions  Consumer disputes after resolution

I would like to pay off / have this removed from my credit report, but the collection agency is just a number with no contact info?  I don't even know what my account number is, or what the original charge is for.  I tried disputing it through the equifax/experian/trans online dispute tool (that was a bad idea I'm guessing) to no avail.

Should I call or write time warner directly with a DV/PFD?

Any help of info is greatly appreciated!  

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Time Warner Cable collection question....

@thomcoogan wrote:

This is how it looks on myFICO report....

Collection on debt to: Time Warner La Metro

The collection agency "682YC05551" was hired to collect a debt of $192 originally owed to "Time Warner La Metro" on account number "XXXXXXXX".

Collection agency       682YC05551

Original balance         $192

Current balance         $175

Date assigned           Jul 07, 2010

Original lender           Time Warner La Metro

Account number         XXXXXXXX

Account holder           Individual

Account descriptions  Consumer disputes after resolution

I would like to pay off / have this removed from my credit report, but the collection agency is just a number with no contact info?  I don't even know what my account number is, or what the original charge is for.  I tried disputing it through the equifax/experian/trans online dispute tool (that was a bad idea I'm guessing) to no avail.

Should I call or write time warner directly with a DV/PFD?

Any help of info is greatly appreciated!  

Thanks

Call TW ask them to cancel and recall the collection then pay them in full.

Message 2 of 4
thomcoogan
Established Member

So... I did just that.  Called and they told me they switched collection agencies, so they had no record of who or what "682YC05551" refers to.  I offered to pay the amount, as suggested, if they cancel and recall from collection.  The guy said that he couldn't do that, and to contact the new collection agency.

The new agency is called MRS and they gave me a phone number, but no address.  

There's nothing from them on any of my reports..... do I take the chance and call them?  

HELP!

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@thomcoogan wrote:

So... I did just that.  Called and they told me they switched collection agencies, so they had no record of who or what "682YC05551" refers to.  I offered to pay the amount, as suggested, if they cancel and recall from collection.  The guy said that he couldn't do that, and to contact the new collection agency.

The new agency is called MRS and they gave me a phone number, but no address.  

There's nothing from them on any of my reports..... do I take the chance and call them?  

HELP!

Thanks

The CA thats reporting now will have to drop its entry on your CR as they no longer have authority to collect, you can either send them a DV or dispute with the CRAs with the reason they no longer have authority to collect. I would now call the new CA and offer to PIF in exchange for them NOT reporting it to your CRs.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.