Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Warner Cable question

tag
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Time Warner Cable question

I just called TWC and asked if I made payment on a charged off account if that would be removed from my credit report. The rep said yes and took my payment. She then transferred me over to collections so they could send me an email to let me know that this will be removed from my CR. The person she transferred me to didn't know whether or not it would be removed from my CR but said that it would take 10 days for it to update.

So, now what? Any recommendations? Should I start sending emails now or should I just wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks?

- Also, I know there are many here who might tell me that I should have gotten it in writing first. It needed to be paid, so I took her at her word. She did say that she made notes in my account stating that it will be removed from my CR, so I'm hoping it won't be too hard to GW, if necessary.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Time Warner Cable question

In situations like this all you can do is hope they stand up to their word.  And if they don't an oral agreement is just as binding as a written one.  Hopefully those annotations were made.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.