Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Warner + Enhanced Recovery CA removed

tag
someg33k
Established Contributor

Time Warner + Enhanced Recovery CA removed

Hopefully this will help somebody else.

A few years ago I switched to Dish from Time Warner. Apparently I still owed on my Time Warner account, cause a few months ago a new CA showed up on my CR - (Enhanced Recovery).

So rather than dealing with the CA knowing getting it removed from my report would be a battle, I called Time Warner collections department directly.

Long story short I was able to pay Time Warner directly and they recalled the debt from Enhanced Recovery, The CA was removed from my CRs within 30 days.

When I paid I was unable to get anything in writing from Time Warner, only a verbal promise. So took a bit of a chance there, but I have heard  of other people getting the same result based  on prior research.

So if anyone else finds themself in this situation with Time Warner, ignore the CA and go right to Time Warner, it works!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time Warner + Enhanced Recovery CA removed

Thank you. This is just what I need to hear.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATE*

I have contacted Time Warner and paid my debt through them directly. I"m not sure if I went about it the correct way. I just dealt with their billing department. At first I did the chat window. The fellow told me the amount of my debt and how to pay it. I then asked him about removing from my credit report. Here is a short transcript.

Steve: You can get this chat transcript by clicking the box right hand side above this page.
kelly: oh ok. one more thing. this is on my credit report under a collection agency. after i make full payment can that be removed?
Steve: Have you got the option for you?
Steve: Yes, it will get removed and you will not get any collection calls for this.
Steve: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
kelly: ok thanks!
kelly: that's all i've got.

Then I called the number he gave me to pay the bill. At the end of the call she said give us 30 days to update the CA. Now I'm worried. Do you all think this will get removed? I've read a lot of success stories getting Stellar Recovery removed.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

*UPDATE*

I have contacted Time Warner and paid my debt through them directly. I"m not sure if I went about it the correct way. I just dealt with their billing department. At first I did the chat window. The fellow told me the amount of my debt and how to pay it. I then asked him about removing from my credit report. Here is a short transcript.

Steve: You can get this chat transcript by clicking the box right hand side above this page.
kelly: oh ok. one more thing. this is on my credit report under a collection agency. after i make full payment can that be removed?
Steve: Have you got the option for you?
Steve: Yes, it will get removed and you will not get any collection calls for this.
Steve: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
kelly: ok thanks!
kelly: that's all i've got.

Then I called the number he gave me to pay the bill. At the end of the call she said give us 30 days to update the CA. Now I'm worried. Do you all think this will get removed? I've read a lot of success stories getting Stellar Recovery removed.

Wait and see what happens, if it is removed great, if it is just updated to paid status, then I would file some complaints against them for breaking a verbal agreement. Don't spend any time worrying about it until you see the results. I hope it goes good for you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks! I was thinking that might be my next move if they didn't delete. I just needed to hear it from someone else. I hope I don't have to go that route though.

Message 5 of 7
someg33k
Established Contributor

In my case I actually spoke to them and was very specific when asking if they could recall the debt from the CA (has not actualy been sold, just collection process farmed out) big difference!

Since my debt had not actualy been sold to the CA, that was the key to getting the CA entry off of all my CRs.

In my case it did take a couple follow up calls to TW who in turn called the CA and nudged them. Get them to do that and provide you with the outcome while you wait on hold. If it comes to that anyway.

Hopefully you will have the same success I did. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok great! I don't know for sure but something tells me this debt wasn't sold to a CA. I could be wrong though. At any rate, I'll follow you guys suggestions. Thanks for resonding!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.