Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Warner Sent Me to Collections, Before I Had Even Rec'd Final Bill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time Warner Sent Me to Collections, Before I Had Even Rec'd Final Bill

So frustrating, and I'm getting nowhere. No PFD with the collection agency (CMI) and Time Warner is of no help.

Here is my situation:

March 16th-  Fell behind by two payments & cable/internet was turned off. Paid within an hr, service turned back on.

March 22nd- Service turned back off suddenly. Checked account, said there was an error in processing payment. Contact Time Warner, stated I had bounced a check.
                        Checked with my bank who said they had no record of any transaction for Time Warner and I did not boune a check. Realized that this had previously          happened to my mom, now happening to me. There must be an error with TWC (Time Warner Cable) processing check by phone in some accounts, as they accused my mom of bounching  a check twice. The second time she made a check by phone, I actually did the transaction for her (to ensure she inputted her checking account into correctly) with her standing over me, watching. She was accused of bouncing a check that 2nd time too.

March 29- After a week of contacting Time Warner cable, I've given up and returned my equipment and closed the account. The CSR says I'll be waiting anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before the final bill is rec'd.

March 30- Get a letter from my bank stating that I did not bounce a check and that I had plenty of funds to cover the $150 payment, but no such transaction went through. Rec'd an email from a TWC CSR stating they will send my issue to a "higher source."

April 20- Still no final bill from Time Warner. Haven't heard regarding the bogus bounced check fee. Mail off a $60 payment in the mean time, while I await the final bill.

April 22- Final bill arrives. Obviously doesn't show my latest payment.

April 26- Collections notice.

After dealing with unhelpful CSR's for over a week, I go online and see what I can do about this collections notice. I read about a PFD and think that will be easier than fighting the idiots at Time Warner. I just rec'd a letter from CMI stating they don't do PFD's.

Now I'm stuck.

I've contacted TWC many, many times regarding why they sent me to collections while I awaited the final bill. I've rec'd 5 different answers regarding their collections policy. They still blame me for bouncing a check, even though I sent in the letter from my bank. They are acting as if they did me a favor by removing the $25 fee off of the final bill.

Now I'm stuck. I have this on my credit report. CMI just turned my PFD down, and Time Warner isn't helping.

Is there anything else left to do?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Time Warner Sent Me to Collections, Before I Had Even Rec'd Final Bill

@Anonymous wrote:

So frustrating, and I'm getting nowhere. No PFD with the collection agency (CMI) and Time Warner is of no help.

Here is my situation:

March 16th-  Fell behind by two payments & cable/internet was turned off. Paid within an hr, service turned back on.

March 22nd- Service turned back off suddenly. Checked account, said there was an error in processing payment. Contact Time Warner, stated I had bounced a check.
                        Checked with my bank who said they had no record of any transaction for Time Warner and I did not boune a check. Realized that this had previously          happened to my mom, now happening to me. There must be an error with TWC (Time Warner Cable) processing check by phone in some accounts, as they accused my mom of bounching  a check twice. The second time she made a check by phone, I actually did the transaction for her (to ensure she inputted her checking account into correctly) with her standing over me, watching. She was accused of bouncing a check that 2nd time too.

March 29- After a week of contacting Time Warner cable, I've given up and returned my equipment and closed the account. The CSR says I'll be waiting anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before the final bill is rec'd.

March 30- Get a letter from my bank stating that I did not bounce a check and that I had plenty of funds to cover the $150 payment, but no such transaction went through. Rec'd an email from a TWC CSR stating they will send my issue to a "higher source."

April 20- Still no final bill from Time Warner. Haven't heard regarding the bogus bounced check fee. Mail off a $60 payment in the mean time, while I await the final bill.

April 22- Final bill arrives. Obviously doesn't show my latest payment.

April 26- Collections notice.

After dealing with unhelpful CSR's for over a week, I go online and see what I can do about this collections notice. I read about a PFD and think that will be easier than fighting the idiots at Time Warner. I just rec'd a letter from CMI stating they don't do PFD's.

Now I'm stuck.

I've contacted TWC many, many times regarding why they sent me to collections while I awaited the final bill. I've rec'd 5 different answers regarding their collections policy. They still blame me for bouncing a check, even though I sent in the letter from my bank. They are acting as if they did me a favor by removing the $25 fee off of the final bill.

Now I'm stuck. I have this on my credit report. CMI just turned my PFD down, and Time Warner isn't helping.

Is there anything else left to do?

Did you actually pull your reports and see it on there? or are you just assuming based on the notice?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did you dispute the contested biling under the FCBA?

Message 3 of 6
surfnspy
Contributor

TIME WARNER is lame. They sent me to collections for not returning my equipment. I told them it was in fact returned and they told me that the records indicate the equipment was not returned. THANK GOD I had the technician's receipt that shows he DID take possession of the equipment complete with serial numbers! As you can imagine, they received quite a phone lashing from me about removing it from my credit report. They did finally! Now, they're getting a love letter (sarcasm) from me about removing their hard inquiry from my report. Save those receipts and work orders! In this tech age they can save your a*s!
EX: 750 (05/2015) | EQ: 765 (5/2015) | TU: 765 (5/2015)

Barclays World MasterCard CL: $19K
Capital One MasterCard CL: $3.9K (sock drawer)
CHASE Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig CL: $20K
JPM Ritz Carlton Visa Sig CL: $20K
Inquiries: 1 (EX) 0 (TU) 0 (EQ)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled the credit report last week, and yeah it's on there.

The only reason I even thought it may be on there is that I got declined for a credit card, and it said collections activity (or something like that) as to why I was turned down That was about a month ago..

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, but I will research that today. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.