Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time crunch please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time crunch please help

Okay so my credit score is trans:574 Equifax:575 Experian: 542. I started my rebuild in May 2017 with a score of 450ish around the board. I have a VS card reporting 0% uti opened in July 17. Openskycc reporting 0%. Opened in May 17. And creditone reporting 75/300 that hasnt reported yet. Question: I want to apply for a credit card that i can go Christmas shopping with that has at least a 1500-2000 credit limit. 2 cc charge off 1 settled the other is not. Im not sure if it will help my score but both charge offs are less then 2 years old. What can i do to maximize my score in 3 month. BTW. No lates since May 50% total utilization because of the 1 charge off. Please help me???? Bankruptcy discharge 06/01/2015
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time crunch please help

Sorry, not trying to be Debbie downer, but, I don't think there is anything u can do in 3 months time that will get you approved for a cc w/1500-2k limit. You should wk on removing the remaining negatives, then you will have a better chance. Your charge offs are less than 2 years ols, so they are hurting your score. Try to GW the one thats paid for a deletion and send a PFD to the other that's not paid. No lates since May. May of 2017?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time crunch please help

I wouldn't apply for a new CC with the sole purpose of going shopping. Sounds like it could get you into a hole again( have no idea on your past, just assuming) I would pay for presents in cash and maybe even pay your credit one to 0 and buy a present or two on that pay off then do the same thing over the next 3 months. It's easy to get caught looking at what we WANT vs NEED and your credit will thank you later when you don't have a high UTI.

This is all assuming you don't have the cash to pay off the card in full come Jan 1.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.