Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time since negative different on Experian

tag
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Time since negative different on Experian

Hey all. I am not 100% sure if I have a battle here, but let's find out. I pulled my 3-report with CCT just now and noticed my EX is considerably lower than my TU and EQ. I know that they all vary for their own reasons and that's fine, but I think this one is varying because my "time since negative" is 3 years on EX while its 5 years on TU and EQ. I checked, and my old capital one charge off just has a random late plucked in around 2012 when the card was closed in 2010 I believe. Side by side, TU and EQ just haven't reported anything payment wise. Can they just randomly report me late and throw off the time since I've been negative? I have to have some recourse here.

I know sometimes you're beating a dead horse or whatever, but TWO YEARS of not paying late HAS to have an affect on your score, which is why my EX is 20 points lower on average. I think I've read in the past that they report it how they want or the bureau reports it how they want, blah blah, but in fact, I was not late on anything in 2012 which would make that report completely false. Do I dispute on EX the account details? It's a paid charge off so it's not like it's going anywhere. Please let me know.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time since negative different on Experian

@sphinx313 wrote:
Hey all. I am not 100% sure if I have a battle here, but let's find out. I pulled my 3-report with CCT just now and noticed my EX is considerably lower than my TU and EQ. I know that they all vary for their own reasons and that's fine, but I think this one is varying because my "time since negative" is 3 years on EX while its 5 years on TU and EQ. I checked, and my old capital one charge off just has a random late plucked in around 2012 when the card was closed in 2010 I believe. Side by side, TU and EQ just haven't reported anything payment wise. Can they just randomly report me late and throw off the time since I've been negative? I have to have some recourse here.

I know sometimes you're beating a dead horse or whatever, but TWO YEARS of not paying late HAS to have an affect on your score, which is why my EX is 20 points lower on average. I think I've read in the past that they report it how they want or the bureau reports it how they want, blah blah, but in fact, I was not late on anything in 2012 which would make that report completely false. Do I dispute on EX the account details? It's a paid charge off so it's not like it's going anywhere. Please let me know.

Is it paid? Is the collection paid?

Message 2 of 9
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Does it look somewhat like this? And is it the date you paid the account? for EX, when you pay the account it resets the time since negative sadly.

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 6.42.03 PM.png

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 9
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Yes, it is "ND" up until November 2012 and then it says "Fail To Pay". I couldn't tell you if that was the date I paid it off, I only held on to that stuff for a year or so. And it's just strange that TU/EQ just show ND all the way through but EX has this blip. So that means I could wake a monster that updates all my bureaus to show that I was late in 2012. If true, that's a TERRIBLE scheme. Every day I honestly get more sick of this credit **bleep**. Busting my ass for 5 years and at every corner there's some other bogus way to keep me paying higher interest or not getting approved for the cards I want. So aggravated.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If he paid the collection company and it was a CO then the OC cant update the record because its already CO but the collection company can only update thier account as paid. There should be no payment history in the collection account. 

The original creditor has already charged the account off therefore cannot assess late payments after the fact. They can only status the account status and i would assume it would be a CO if its that old. 

Capital One has been very generous in deleting CO lately. I would attemp a GW if its been paid 

Message 5 of 9
sphinx313
Established Contributor

I had two CapOne CO's, I think one was a xfer from HSBC. They removed one last week and told me they couldn't remove this one because it's not as old as the other one and to call back in a couple years. Couple years? It falls off in 2017. Only have a year or so left on it. But I'm CERTAIN there's some way it's gonna stay on there until 2020 because this credit stuff is a GAME you play until you day. I used to be optimistic about it but that's turned to raw cynicism. Literally every single day I find another way I've been screwed out of being over my poor decisions in 2009. I completely get that it's my fault. But 5 years and zero lates. Enough is enough already.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sphinx313 wrote:
I had two CapOne CO's, I think one was a xfer from HSBC. They removed one last week and told me they couldn't remove this one because it's not as old as the other one and to call back in a couple years. Couple years? It falls off in 2017. Only have a year or so left on it. But I'm CERTAIN there's some way it's gonna stay on there until 2020 because this credit stuff is a GAME you play until you day. I used to be optimistic about it but that's turned to raw cynicism. Literally every single day I find another way I've been screwed out of being over my poor decisions in 2009. I completely get that it's my fault. But 5 years and zero lates. Enough is enough already.

Wait a month. Send another GW request. I had 2 removed so its possible. Ill send a pm also

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The issue is not whether the account was closed or charged-off, as neither of those events terminates the continued delinquency, when the delinquency was reported, or whether it is reported the same with each CRA.

The sole issue is whether the account was actually delinquent at least at the reported level in that month/year.

Was the account delinquent in the stated month/year?

Message 8 of 9
sphinx313
Established Contributor

It could have been. I thought I paid that account off sooner than November of '12. I also thought it was sold away long before then. Which is why all the ND reporting made sense. But let's just assume they're correct and the answer is yes. Is EX choosing to report that way? EQ and TU do not look like the EX reporting.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.