Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to Celebrate....and a dispute question

tag
jrcred
Valued Member

Time to Celebrate....and a dispute question

This board has really opened my eyes and helped me to start getting my credit back on track.  I just got an email response from a GW letter saying that they will remove the entry from my reports, I'm so excited!!  That is the last collection on my report, and my student loans are in rehab.  Maybe a 700+ score isn't a pipe dream after all!!!

Now the question...

In the response I was told that removing the TL would take 30 - 90 days, but that I could speed up the process by disputing.  I was worried that disputing a valid paid collection was not a good thing, should I do this or just wait it out? 

Thanks again for all the help!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Time to Celebrate....and a dispute question

Ive had some problems with disputing agreements that were supposed to be deleted by GW or PFD.  My suggestion is first confirm with OC or CA that they sent notice to delete.  It can take 7-10 business days to remove.  (EX is the quickest, then EQ and finally TU).  I would wait out the 10 days and then dispute.  If you are in a time crunch and you have person at OC or CA that will call the CRA then disputing would be quickest.

In my past disputes EX and TU were great and removed within a couple of days.  EQ is a nightmare.  They still have a dispute pending for me on an account that has already been removed from CR. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It's not an issue of inaccuracy in their reporting.

The answer is....dont dispute it.

Message 3 of 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

It's not an issue of inaccuracy in their reporting.

The answer is....dont dispute it.

Robert, you and I have vastly different opinions on what "inaccurate" means.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
jrcred
Valued Member

I was honestly suprised that they suggested it.  They told me that they were sending a letter in addition to the email telling me they were removing it, so I guess for now I'll wait for the letter.  I don't have any real reason to rush getting it off other than I want to see my score rise faster...I wasn't going to apply for any more credit until my cap 1 secured card hit 6 months.  Hopefully by then my score might be good enough to apply for a prime card somewhere.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.