Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to deal with my two Monsters

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Time to deal with my two Monsters

Ok....so after a lot of work here is what I am left with in terms of baddies on my reports:

All three reports:

Chase Charge Off - $485 (almost saved enough to pay this off next month, then what?)

Student Loan lates (Two 120 day lates from 2014, one 30 days late from 2011, of course one of 120 days lates and the 30's report as seperate loans even though they were from one missed payment the same month) - sent goodwills on these but haven't heard.

EX and TU

PRA Cap One collection for 1,000.  I've tried everything to get rid of it and they won't PFD

TU

This is the mess, because I have Rise Credit charge off for $2500, I've given up on TU ever getting better.

So where would you start to finish your rebuild?  I've either paid off or had everything else removed.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time to deal with my two Monsters

I started my rebuild with paying what I owed.  

So pay the Chase next month and then start paying the Capital one off,  make  payment arrangements with them.   Even though I didnt get a PFD,  my score still went up with a CO because I paid it  

The lates you can't do much about,  I have some on mine.    Whats done is done,  you can't escape sometimes your poor decisions,  I have had to accept this.   I had alot of 30 day lates last year.... oh well.... moving forward now...

Best of luck !

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paying a debt after it has been reported as a charge-off will not remove the charge-off.

The current status will update to paid, and the balance will update to $0. but the CO will continue to be scored as a major derog.

You can, similar to a collection, offer a pay for deletion to attempt removal of the charge-off.

The creditor can, at any time, sell the delinquent debt and recoup a bit more of their loss.

Once they sell the debt, the new owner can report their collection, and the creditor can no longer accept any payment, PFD or otherwise.

Thus, it might be prudent not to delay, or the only PFD available might be on a newly-reported collection.

As for lates on student loans, mandatory reporting is required on federal student loans until the loan is repaid, and thus GW removal is not available until after the loan is paid,

Is it a federa student loan?

If so, when will it be paid off?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haleyjen wrote:

Ok....so after a lot of work here is what I am left with in terms of baddies on my reports:

All three reports:

Chase Charge Off - $485 (almost saved enough to pay this off next month, then what?)

Student Loan lates (Two 120 day lates from 2014, one 30 days late from 2011, of course one of 120 days lates and the 30's report as seperate loans even though they were from one missed payment the same month) - sent goodwills on these but haven't heard.

EX and TU

PRA Cap One collection for 1,000.  I've tried everything to get rid of it and they won't PFD

TU

This is the mess, because I have Rise Credit charge off for $2500, I've given up on TU ever getting better.

So where would you start to finish your rebuild?  I've either paid off or had everything else removed.

What are the exclusion dates for the accounts?  Sometimes you just have the ride the storm until daylight breaks through.  PFD isn't always successful, but if the collection accounts are reporting monthly, then it continues to keep your scores suppressed.  It is still possible get approvals, even with COs and paid collections, on your report.  I know it can be disheartening when the baddies don't fall off, but in time they will be gone.  I have 4 months for a late payment to be excluded and six months to finaly lose my last CO. 

You've done a great job so far.  It will get better in time. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.