Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to help fix husbands credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to help fix husbands credit

Hello, Now that my credit is improving I need to help my husbands. Just going off CK he has TU score of 559, other one is lower. Smiley Sad He has no credit cards, just the house that has quite a bit of lates but now current for past 3 months. YaY No inquiries.  

Ive added him to walmart and I plan to add him to my capital one with 2yrs 6 months history on it, no lates. 

Is it any benefit to get a secured card on his own? 

Thanks

Tara

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time to help fix husbands credit

I am going with YES, if his credit doesn't help him qualify for an unsecured one.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, Now that my credit is improving I need to help my husbands. Just going off CK he has TU score of 559, other one is lower. Smiley Sad He has no credit cards, just the house that has quite a bit of lates but now current for past 3 months. YaY No inquiries.  

Ive added him to walmart and I plan to add him to my capital one with 2yrs 6 months history on it, no lates. 

Is it any benefit to get a secured card on his own? 

Thanks

Tara

Yes, that would be the first step if he cannot get unsecured cards. Wait until the AU status shows on his reports, then app for an unsecured Cap One card, and go from there.

You want to work towards establishing at least three revolving bank cards.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok we will definately do that. Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok we will definately do that. Thanks

And once he has several account established, remove the AU status, and let him build up on his own.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.