cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to see update after resolved dispute? (EQ)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time to see update after resolved dispute? (EQ)

Equifax is the bane of my existance. There, I said it.

I've gone through three (THREE) disputes with them all over a single collection account they keep insisting on listing as an open collection. It is paid, closed. The other bureaus got this right. Yes, it was a collection but it sure isn't open, it's been closed for two years. I roped Verizon directly into helping me (of course no one felt like deleting after reporting the wrong information over and over) but even Verizon seemed to get frustrated with EQ.

In any case, I just got the 'results' from my most recent dispute, and it actually says (!!!!) that the account status has been changed to closed. Of couse I don't really believe it. I got an updated FICO and Credit Karma the day after and they still show  collection account status rather than closed-paid with collection in the account type.

So how long does it take after the closure of such a dispute to actually see the change reflected? I don't want to waste money buying my new set of reports on MyFICO before this is updated and the dispute comments are lifted.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Time to see update after resolved dispute? (EQ)

If the outcome of a dispute results in changes in reported information, the CRA is required to provide you a copy of a revised credit report along with the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, showing that the changes have actually been entered into your credit file. 

If the CRA did not provide a copy of an updated CR along with their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, contact them and advise that they did not comply with their requirement.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.