Did you mean: 

Tiny Chase GW Success!

tag
g35_ab05
New Contributor

Tiny Chase GW Success!

Hi All,

Today received a letter from Chase Bank USA stating the following:

"Since the account noted above is no longer in our system, we have requested that Equifax, Experian (TRW), and Trans Union credit bureaus remove the account information from your credit bureau report."

Awesome! This was in response to remove a 30-day late from 05/2005. Though a tiny victory which may not better my score, it does feel good to have someone say YES! Besides, it'll make things look better to have even 1 less late out of my total of 20+.

On to the next creditor. Just wanted to share!

CE

Starting Score: EQ: 651
Current Score: EQ: 664 | TU: 665 - 03/2010
                       EQ: 673 | TU: 681 | EX Plus: 663 - 05/2010
Goal Score: EQ: 710 | TU: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tiny Chase GW Success!

Congratulations,  thanks for sharing your success with Chase.  Now I'm motivated to try a GW letter with them again.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear!

We've had good luck with Chase pulling inaccurate info from EX and EQ, but our TU is still reporting.  Maybe we should give it one more shot........

Message 3 of 5
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Can I ask your approach and your contact and such? I need to get two items of theirs off, but they're charge offs.

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Message 4 of 5
g35_ab05
New Contributor

Hey all!

Thanks much for the kind words.

frederickshanks: Even if it was a small victory for me, it feels great and motivates me as well! Next up is Bank of America, heard they're a tough nut to crack.

beamMEup: Hrmm... going to have to see what happens. The letter just came today, will need to check in a few weeks if they were removed from all though. Should be easy if you've gotten them to remove from TU since they've already removed from TU. Good luck and go for it!

Rebuilding101: For my case it was a plain-vanilla late, so I can't say for charge-offs. However, I used the standard example letter found on MyFico (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/GW-Example-Letters/m-p/4521). I basically explained my situation at the time, switching jobs and starting a degree program. I'm hoping that as long as I'm honest and explain that the situation was not really in my control, they'll hopefully help me. Let me know how it goes with a charge-off and if you have success, I have a Capital One charge-off that was PIF but I didn't know about PFDs at the time. Arghhh.

Starting Score: EQ: 651
Current Score: EQ: 664 | TU: 665 - 03/2010
                       EQ: 673 | TU: 681 | EX Plus: 663 - 05/2010
Goal Score: EQ: 710 | TU: 710

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.