Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips needed on raising my score

tag
rebuildcc
Established Member

Re: Tips needed on raising my score

I'd find all my old BK docs to see if it was included in bankruptcy.

I meant "middle score" instead of average score.  I don't know if EQ FICO is usually higher than EX and TU.

There is something new that I haven't heard about when I consulted with credit repair. They said that the FICO score was pulled by the bank, it could be not a true score and this score needs to be updated again from them, in order word, there is a fee to update or re-score.  Is that right?  I thought when the scores were pulled, they are real scores. My head is spinning when play this credit game. 

Message 11 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A FICO score is a FICO score no matter who pulls it.  If your bank pulled them and told you it was FICO scores then they probably are.

Do you have what the bank pulled?  Was it for a mortgage?

I think they are trying to say they used maybe a Vantage score or some other type of scoring and not a true FICO.

If nothing has changed on your CR, like getting things removed, there will be nothing to update.  A rescore is similiar.

Out of curiosity, are you considering a credit repair company?  You know they can't do anything you probably have not already done.

Message 12 of 13
rebuildcc
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

Do you have what the bank pulled?  Was it for a mortgage?

Out of curiosity, are you considering a credit repair company?  You know they can't do anything you probably have not already done.

I did consult with credit repair company to see if there is anything that I have not already done. Time is sensitive that why I need their helps.  I'm totally agreed with you that they can't do anything and it's only time can help me out here.  I'll save that $$$ for something else!

WFG pulled my credit for mortgage loan.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.