Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of Spouting my Sob Story for GWs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tired of Spouting my Sob Story for GWs

I am a survivor of domestic violence. I have had both Chase and Capital One executive offices tell me this week that they can't remove late pays from 2013/14 that occured when I quit my job to move my kids and me across the country to my parents'. I fell behind 4 months until I got a job and caught up. I thought these would be my easiest GWs since I was a good customer other than that time period. I have 2 collections & 2 charge offs as well that refuse PFD but that was expected.

I'm getting discouraged. I feel like I'm making excuses even though I have a really good excuse. It is not in my nature to ignore bills but I was in an impossible situation. I just wish they'd say yes instead of me having to spill my guts. It's not easy to talk about.

Sorry for the vent, but I have no one in real life to talk to about this.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tired of Spouting my Sob Story for GWs

You shouldn't feel bad!! You should have a new sense of life!! You got your and your kids out of something most people in that situation never leave!! AND you picked yourself back up financially....!! Use the same determination you had to get out of you previous situation and use that same energy towards sending these letters out. I've read that some people would send out theirs letters for over 3 years! It just takes time. If anything, you should be proud that you are taking it upon yourself to move forward and not backwards. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely!! You got out of that horrible situation!! Put that same determination into this. It will come around and with this if nothing else it is a  guarantee that it gets better. Keep your head up!

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 3 of 7
Lvlover26
Valued Member

Hey KK, your not alone. I was in a domestic violence relationship as well. I finally eft and moved back home June 2014. I hit the ground running trying to find a job but it took 2 months in which I became late on my first premiere card payment. Also I had to forward my mail from the old address to my parents address where I was staying and some mail never made it. I wrote a GW letter to first premiere for a 30 day late reporting and told them why I was late and what happened. I received a "nice" reply back stating that although they are sorry for what I went through they can not report false information and that I was late and if I wrote again to them I wouldn't receive a reply back because they couldn't do anything for me and I would be wasting their time. All I can say is keep your head up! You had the strength to leave for you and the safety of your children. The rebuilding of your credit journey will be a cakewalk compared to what you have been through and overcome. Just don't give up and keep trying! You can do this and you will!
EQ: 494 (6/30/15) TU: 500 (6/30/15) EX:528 (6/27/15)
EQ: 535 (9/1/15) TU: 552 (9/1/15) EX: 546 (9/1/15)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

kk1989 - you did a remarkable job with great courage to get yourself and kids out, and get back on track.

I suggest taking a short break from the GW calls.

Make a template of your past problems on your computer and then customize the letters for each account and send them off by mail, like every other month or three and hope for the best.  Sometimes it takes a long time to get positive results.

My credit problems came about after a serious illness with my DW (now doing fine) and I had six major CCs in CO status.  I tried with each one and never got anywhere officially.  After I made a settlement, some were quietly deleted months after, some are still there, but I know worst case, all will be gone after the 7 years.

Keep doing the other things that will help your credit, keep trying, and hope for the best.

hth

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the support. I think I do need to take a break from it all.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, as the saying goes "it's only business". Honestly, they don't care about your domestic violence, your daughter's incurable cancer, your brothers recent death, or your husband stealing all your money and moving out. They care about one thing: being paid, and being paid on time. The rest to them, are all "excuses". You have to understand, if they cut everyone who came to them with a "sob story" a break, what do you think would happen ??? Answer: They'd have EVERYONE giving them a "sob story". Please don't think I'm being cruel. I'm simply being honest. THEY DON'T CARE. Remember that part in the movie "Goodfellas" where Ray Liotta describes people coming to the wise guys with excuses of why they couldn't pay: "dad lost his job and is out of work, (Mod Cut) PAY ME, bank took your house, (Mod Cut) PAY ME. Big business isn't much different. You just have to accept that anything short of paying on time is nothing more than an excuse to them. Now with that said, I'd still pursue GW letters and lay it on as thick as you can, but if they refuse to help you out, it's their prerogative. I hope you don't take it personal, and I apologize if you do, but it's just the way it is. Sometimes life is difficult and cruel. I wish you the very best.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.