Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tmobile account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tmobile account

My husband has recently had a Tmobile account show up on his experian credit report .  It has "Date opened" as 10/2015.  Credence Resource Management is the collection agengy that has bought the debt which is $653.   He was unaware that there was an outstanding balance and service was canced in 2012 (opened in  2009).  I disputed this on line through experian and today he received in the mail a letter from Credence that said thank you for contacting Credence Resource Mgmt regarding your account.....

It has a form attached and is asking that we fill out this form to resolove the fraud/identity theft claim.

Is this typically the was debt validation works?  Should I fill the form out?  Any suggesstions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Tmobile account

A dispute filed via a CRA is an assertion of an actual inaccuracy in credit reporting that requires some showing on the part of the consumer to support the assertion.

Since it is stated that he filed a dispute with the CRA, it was not treated as a DV request.  DVs are sent directly to the debt collector.

The CRAs are not a party to the DV process.

The debt collector should have responded back only to the CRA, not to you, but that is immaterial, as it was not intended as a dispute, so there is no need to respond to any request for additional info in support of a dispute under the FCRA.

Send the debt collector a request clearly labeled as a DV,, such as

"This is a request for debt validation under FDCPA 809(b). 

This is not a dispute under the FCRA."

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tmobile account

Thank you!  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.