Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To GW or not to GW?

tag
music2hisears
Contributor

To GW or not to GW?

I have a couple of old paid collections that are scheduled to drop off in 2013 that are from utilities at an old address. They were paid off in 2009 directly through the OC and not the CAs (all through Statewide). I want to be in shape to apply for a mortgage by summer 2013, so my question is if I should do a GW letter for these or leave them? Also, who would I send the GW letter to: the CA or the OC? 

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: EQ 672 TU 682 EX 638
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Re: To GW or not to GW?

IT DOESNT HURT TO TRY!

I recently sent out GW's for the same thing and have already been told YES! I am just now waiting to see the results. 30-60 days is what Ive been told.

If they are paid, hopefully the CA and OC wont be turds and will just go ahead and delete them for you.

I sent requests to both via email, fax and phone calls (Im a bit obsessiveSmiley Indifferent) but it worked for all but one! I am currently hounding them until they either tell me to stop calling, block my number or have me kidnapped-LOL

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 2 of 10
music2hisears
Contributor

Thanks, currentlywinning! I will definitely get busy and get those letters out in as many ways as I possibly can! Thanks!

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: EQ 672 TU 682 EX 638
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Youre welcome!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 4 of 10
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i would like to know about this as well. should i send email's or letters? 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 5 of 10
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

I sent emails, letters AND faxes.

I think dilligence is keySmiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@currentlywinning wrote:

I sent emails, letters AND faxes.

I think dilligence is keySmiley Wink

do you know where i can get the emails for some of these banks?

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 7 of 10
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

I found all the contacts I needed via google. If you have a hard time finding emails, I would call and ask for it. Im sure they wouldnt mind giving them out. But try to google names before actually calling, that way you can say "may I have so and so's email"

Message 8 of 10
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@currentlywinning wrote:

I found all the contacts I needed via google. If you have a hard time finding emails, I would call and ask for it. Im sure they wouldnt mind giving them out. But try to google names before actually calling, that way you can say "may I have so and so's email"

thanks i am gardening for the next few months so maybe if i can get some stuff off ill be able to get bigger CLIS and another prime card in the summer

Message 9 of 10
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Youre welcome Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.