Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Garden or not to Garden

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: To Garden or not to Garden

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok. Wait. I reported that incorrectly. It was an increase of 15 points! But all the same, the only change was the decrease in my car loan balance. Maybe my debt to income reached a new bracket? Just seems strange to me.

DTI is not a Fico score variant its not used.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just reading this on the myFico site and how things are counted into a score:

How much of the installment loan amounts is still owed, compared with the original loan amount

For example, if you borrowed $10,000 to buy a car and you have paid back $2,000, you still owe (with interest) more than 80% of the original loan. Paying down installment loans is a good sign that you're able and willing to manage and repay debt.

I borrowed just under 14,000 but with my last payment that put the debt owed at under 50%. Maybe that is the reason for the score boost? Smiley Indifferent

It was my understanding that points aren't accumulated very easily. Still trying to understand things. 

Message 12 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just reading this on the myFico site and how things are counted into a score:

How much of the installment loan amounts is still owed, compared with the original loan amount

For example, if you borrowed $10,000 to buy a car and you have paid back $2,000, you still owe (with interest) more than 80% of the original loan. Paying down installment loans is a good sign that you're able and willing to manage and repay debt.

I borrowed just under 14,000 but with my last payment that put the debt owed at under 50%. Maybe that is the reason for the score boost? Smiley Indifferent

It was my understanding that points aren't accumulated very easily. Still trying to understand things. 

Always possible, could also be increased AAoA, no way to know for sure if your report looks the same with the exception of what you say has changed,.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.