Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Get a Secured CC is the question?!!

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

To Get a Secured CC is the question?!!

I don't have any revolving credit at this time. I have 2 auto loans and of course some collections. I was thinkging about getting a secured CC. One that wont require a credit pull. I found one last night and I just talked to my credit Union.  Of keep in mind I will keep my balance low.

Can I get some opionions please?

Thank You

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: To Get a Secured CC is the question?!!

Most every main stream bank will do a HP. The First Progress card I believe does not but the problem with this card is how they charge interest. Interest starts to acrue the moment something posts to the account. In short, you have no grace period.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 8
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

thats not true i have first progress you have a 25 day grace period ....and they do in fact do a HP

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 3 of 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

My apologies then. I thought for sure it was them.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 8
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

If you don't mind an annual fee, Open Sky doesn't do a HP.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 5 of 8
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

So i talked to the Credit Union that I recently opened a checking and savings acct with and was told that they would do a HP on the Secured Credit Card because when my checking acct was open it was suppose to have been done then but wasn't. I got this info from the Branch....so I called the main Branch and told him to pull my report will only lower my score and I am trying to get a home loan and doing a HP will not benefit me at all and that I need the revolving credit added to my CR. He said well let me check and I will call you back.....So the phone call  comes and he asked if I had a daughter with a Savings Acct with them....which I do...all I am is a signer...but since we had been with them for so long....about 7 yrs now...that they can go ahead and do it without a HP!!!! WOOO HOOO SUCCESS!!!!

Plus like I told him....I want to re-finance my car and i will be looking to them for that along with possibly the home loan. CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!!!

Cheryl 

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 6 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 8
bk510
Valued Contributor

i believe its a still hard pull.....secured or unsecured.

i got a secured card from cap1 12/12......6 months after bk7(cap1 pull all three) my goodness

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.