Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To apply or not to apply - that is the question

tag
jk26978
Regular Contributor

To apply or not to apply - that is the question

Okay - long story short, my son needs my help with a few hundred dollars for a purchase.  Discover says that i am preapproved (not pre qualified) for the IT card with 12 mos deferred, which with the amount that would be going on it - would not be a problem to pay it off.  Guess i am just "scared" to apply.  App shy - I have gotten preapprovals from Buckle & Express, cant get for VS, so guess it just makes me wonder.

Guess i am just looking for a boost of confidence, a nudge, or something - really cant afford to take out of savings, all of that money has been ear marked and would take more monthly to get put back b/c need it sooner than 12 mos

So.....what do you all  think?

Thanks

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: To apply or not to apply - that is the question

@jk26978 wrote:

Okay - long story short, my son needs my help with a few hundred dollars for a purchase.  Discover says that i am preapproved (not pre qualified) for the IT card with 12 mos deferred, which with the amount that would be going on it - would not be a problem to pay it off.  Guess i am just "scared" to apply.  App shy - I have gotten preapprovals from Buckle & Express, cant get for VS, so guess it just makes me wonder.

Guess i am just looking for a boost of confidence, a nudge, or something - really cant afford to take out of savings, all of that money has been ear marked and would take more monthly to get put back b/c need it sooner than 12 mos

So.....what do you all  think?

Thanks

K

I think people would be better able to help give you advice if you gave a little more info about your credit situation.  Other than the BK7.  Other baddies, AAOA, any other CC with limits and util %, most recent late payment.

Message 2 of 3
jk26978
Regular Contributor

Re: To apply or not to apply - that is the question

No other baddies, well, the judgment that went in the same time as the BK 7 - it will be 4 years this month since filing.  I have now 4 cap 1 cards since the transition.  I only have a balance now of 187.35 on the Best Buy card which will be paid off in October, less than 12 mos (had the 18 mos financing), truck loan from April - owe around 5,000 on that now.  Was approved as tier "B" with my credit union.  My score watch alert from 6/21/13 has me at 703, CK has me at like 692, Credit.com has me at around 729 (will receive the monthly update tomorrow on this one), credit sesame has me around 696 as well

Would just make it easier if could get approved - keep in mind, the BK was not an easy decision, had excellent credit, then a job loss, that job was like 35 - 38,000 a year.  So, with no real job for about 3 - 4 years, it was a struggle, but when I finally got a good job (current job) they mailed to say were going to garnish my wages, that - I could not afford, we were just then starting to dig ourselves out of a hole, that had gotten verrrryyy deep by that time of 30 hrs a week at min wage.  Am just now back to an annual take home of 24,000 this year. 

Forgot, account age, per Fico, 16 years

Other than the truck loan, no apps for like 2 - 3 years

So...there ya have it, I know, kinda long, but pretty much it in a nutshell

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.