cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To dispute or not to dispute? That is the question!

tag
Anonnamus

To dispute or not to dispute? That is the question!

I have a TL that doesn't appear to be mine (it was opened in 1977, and I wasn't born then) that is showing up on my TU report as charged off in 2007, but it's showing up on EQ as Pays As Agreed. The credit limit is over 5000, which is really helping my EQ score (currently my highest at 649), but tanking my TU score (my lowest at 532). The negative will fall off in February. I want the negative gone, but I'm hesitant to dispute only because it's helping my other score so much. I have not checked EX, so I don't know how it categorizes there. What do y'all recommend?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

Re: To dispute or not to dispute? That is the question!

Nothing about this tradeline is helping your scores if it's a charged off account.

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 2 of 3
Anonnamus

Re: To dispute or not to dispute? That is the question!

Only on TU. ON EQ, it's appearing as a currently paid as agreed account. Problem is, it's not mine. Yeah, I better have it deleted, score booster or not. It's strange that an account can be current with one agency and delinquent and closed on another, isn't it?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.