Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To settle or not to settle?

tag
baktabiznis
Established Member

To settle or not to settle?

I have a 5 year old chase charge-off and it's now with Asset Acceptance. It's around $6,100, should I settle this account or just wait it out to pass the Sol for NY?. I'm in the process of rebuilding and this is the only unpaid and collection on my Cr's, all the rest are from the original creditors (5). In next 4 years I will be shopping for a mortgage and I don't want anything to pop up on my credit report are the sol or the original collection account falls off. Should I settle for 2k, or let it fall off. I knlow dates can't change when the accounts are sold off I know tricky little sticky things happen and I would hate to lose a house on the verb of closing because of this?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: To settle or not to settle?

SOL in NY 5 or 6 years. Also in NY doesnt a paid collection come off  at 4 year mark?? This is completely your call. Do you want to risk a judgement? Can you afford to pay it? Is it legitimate??

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.