Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is 30th Day for Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is 30th Day for Dispute

Today is the 30th day for some of my first CRA disputes and I have not heard anything since I placed the disputes. Is this typical? If I get no response today how long should I wait before contacting the CRA?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Re: Today is 30th Day for Dispute

Did you dispute online or through mail? I'm not 100% on this and someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's 30 days from the day they receive the dispute. I usually dispute through mail and always receive a new report about a month later, sometimes a few days past the 30 day mark.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was completed online.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The thirty day period is for them to conclude their reinvestigation.

They have an additional five business days thereafter to send their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.

The Notice must be mailed unless the consumer has given express prior consent to receipt by other means, such as email.

Thirty days plus five days plus weekends plus mailing time, if electronic notificztion has not been authorized.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

The thirty day period is for them to conclude their reinvestigation.

They have an additional five business days thereafter to send their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.

The Notice must be mailed unless the consumer has given express prior consent to receipt by other means, such as email.

Thirty days plus five days plus weekends plus mailing time, if electronic notificztion has not been authorized.

You were exactly right. Upon the 35th day I received the response that the account was deleted. This forum is priceless!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.