cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Todd's Rebuild strategy (Need input)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Todd's Rebuild strategy (Need input)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. I just updated the post as I was approved for the QS1 as well. Now I have 2 CC's with 300 dollar limt. So grateful for this forum and the users.

Use them as much as possible for everyday spending andpay them down at least twice per month. After the second statement, go into your account and under the services tab start requesting credit limit increases. Keep requesting every few days until you get it on both. Also go into the online chat and request the Platinum be upgraded to reward status. They will usually do it after the second statement.

How soon should I  try to get my third credit card?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. I just updated the post as I was approved for the QS1 as well. Now I have 2 CC's with 300 dollar limt. So grateful for this forum and the users.

Use them as much as possible for everyday spending andpay them down at least twice per month. After the second statement, go into your account and under the services tab start requesting credit limit increases. Keep requesting every few days until you get it on both. Also go into the online chat and request the Platinum be upgraded to reward status. They will usually do it after the second statement.

How soon should I  try to get my third credit card?

Sooner the better. Try secured from a credit union. SDFCU is a good choice.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

e is a Re: Todd's Rebuild strategy (Need input)

I was feeling good so I applied for Barclay Rewards card and was denied.  I was in market for my 3rd CL and thought that was a good bet. I then immediately went the secured route and got approved for Open Sky(secured) with 200cl. So I have opened 3 CL's in 24 hours with total CL of $800.00. Now its time to wait for the mail and start using them and paying them off. 

Is there anything else anyone would do if you were in my situation? See first post for the details. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you can see from my updated signature I have made major progress on my rebuild. I want to thank everyone for all the advise that you post on these boards. Still have a ways to go but I see light at the end of the tunnel. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: e is a Re: Todd's Rebuild strategy (Need input)

@Anonymous wrote:

I was feeling good so I applied for Barclay Rewards card and was denied.  I was in market for my 3rd CL and thought that was a good bet. I then immediately went the secured route and got approved for Open Sky(secured) with 200cl. So I have opened 3 CL's in 24 hours with total CL of $800.00. Now its time to wait for the mail and start using them and paying them off. 

Is there anything else anyone would do if you were in my situation? See first post for the details. 

Yeah, Barclays is good for rebuilding in that they will overlook a lot of bad stuff, but they are a non-starter until you have at least 18 months of good payment history on a couple of accounts.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.