Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tonight Im going to try a PFD

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Tonight Im going to try a PFD

On two of my wifes medical bills that hit my credit report as collections one for $104 and the other for $1702 dollars. They are both past there SOL. Just need some advice on how to go about this and not get tricked. And no due to deployment I cant do this by mail phone and Iternet are my only options.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Tonight Im going to try a PFD

@dodgeball wrote:

On two of my wifes medical bills that hit my credit report as collections one for $104 and the other for $1702 dollars. They are both past there SOL. Just need some advice on how to go about this and not get tricked. And no due to deployment I cant do this by mail phone and Iternet are my only options.

If done by phone or email (Look up templates either on this site or through google) make sure if they agree to a PFD, that you have them sending you a letter agreeing to the terms, before sending them monies.

Since it's medical, HIPAA deletions of some kind, might be an option.  But I don't know for sure.  Not familiar with those types of debts.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

If done by phone or email (Look up templates either on this site or through google) make sure if they agree to a PFD, that you have them sending you a letter agreeing to the terms, before sending them monies.

Since it's medical, HIPAA deletions of some kind, might be an option.  But I don't know for sure.  Not familiar with those types of debts.

The HIPPA deletion process only works on paid medical..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 4
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Looks like I got the two medical collections removed. Have both of the Managers numbers, wouldnt budge about sending a email to me. But did say the calls are recorded just like they recording said. Also got the numbers and names of the people who I talked to both Managers.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.