cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too good to be true?

tag
bekka_786

Too good to be true?

I just had 4 year old debt from a school I attended show up as a new collection on my credit report. I contacted the school directly and was told by the accounts receivable woman that I could pay her the balance and that she would then have all collection activity stopped. I asked her clearly if they would remove the account from my credit report and she said "yeah, it might take a while though". Should I believe that? Could it really be that easy?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bekka_786

Re: Too good to be true?

Forgot to mention it is also in the hands of a ca who have been contacting me. Does the school have the power to tell the ca to remove the account from mt credit report once it's paid?

Message 2 of 3
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Too good to be true?

@bekka_786 wrote:

I just had 4 year old debt from a school I attended show up as a new collection on my credit report. I contacted the school directly and was told by the accounts receivable woman that I could pay her the balance and that she would then have all collection activity stopped. I asked her clearly if they would remove the account from my credit report and she said "yeah, it might take a while though". Should I believe that? Could it really be that easy?

Well, sure it could be that easy... however just remember OC never has control over the CA - they cannot FORCE them to do it. They can encourage them, or

'recall' the account but YMMV if it actually comes off.

To me this sounds promising tho

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.