Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many inquiries?

tag
Dma123
Established Member

Too many inquiries?

I've paid off a lot of credit lines that had rough histories and were subsequently closed with balances due. Balances now paid my FICOs are all now in the low to mid 600s from upper 400s just a year and a half ago. I had a need come up recently for open credit (for business as I know I won't qualify for a corporate card just yet; they use AMEX). I needed about $3000 to cover travel expenses (often last minute and costly), business lunch/dinner things. I applied to Barclays was approved for $1000. Decided to try DiscoverIt and was approved for $1800. Now to my dilemma:

I currently have a subprime car loan through CPS (no lates ever with them). As you imagine the interest rate is unholy. I want to refinance but worried about the inquiries. I've still got 6 inquiries from last year and now the two from a couple days ago. How long do I wait before shopping for a refi loan?

Starting Score: EX 560 EQ 528 TU 530
Current Score: EX 682 EQ 661 TU 704
Goal Score: ALL 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.