Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took The First Steps to Credit Repair

tag
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Took The First Steps to Credit Repair

On Monday, I mailed two to two collection agencies. 

Yesterday I mailed a letter to Well Fargo.  Wells Fargo is not necessairly a nice place for home mortgages.  WF had never reported me to any of the credit bureaus regarding late payments.  One month after I paid the mortgage off, they reported me to all three credit bureaus for three late payment; one in December 2008, and one in January 2011 and one in February 2011.  To my way of thinking none of these payments were late.  The one in 2008 was mistakenly sent to another entity of Wells Fargo and instead of that entity sending it to correct part of WF, it was returned to me - so it did get to WF in a timely fashion when mailed.  The other two were annotated, when WF had unbeknownst to me added an escrow account which I did not want and had not had (I like paying my own taxes and insurance on my home).  I wrote WF a letter and they corrected the payments back to the original correct payment which I had sent to them in a timely fasion for the January and February payments.

I am so proud of myself for taking these first steps and am anxiously awaiting responses.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Took The First Steps to Credit Repair

Congrats and good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Yesterday afternoon I emailed a department store which was paid off in 2007  asking for a goodwill deletion of the negative report.  I cannot believe I received a telephone call about it earlier this afternoon.  The strange thing is that the department store cannot find that I have an account under the account number.  The representative and I talked for quite a long time.  One thing I noticed when working with her to try to solve this myster was that there was another account number being reported as in good standing and still an active account.  Once I advised the rep of that account number the rep stated she had the same info on that account number. She said she is going to do more research and get to the bottom of this and will call me back no later than Monday.

After we ended the call, I also did some more searching and noted that there are two more account numbers being negatively reported with all of the dates, etc., and comments being identical.  So when I next talk to her, I will share those account numbers and send the credit bureaus reports information to her if she needs it. 

You have to have an eagle eye to do this stuff.

Message 3 of 10
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Waahoo!  Two collections have been removed from Experian report.  However, the two deletions did not change my credit score which I received today.

Received a call this morning from another CA that they will make a decision within two weeks as to whether to delete the report.

Have heard nothing from Wells Fargo.

Message 4 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Good job so far.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 10
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

AWESOME!!!  Keep up the work and one day it will be squeaky clean.  This site is hands down the best for information and moral support.  Unlike the "other" boards that merely ridicule each other.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 10
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Thursday afternoon, I received a call from Wells Fargo.  The lady I talked to was extremely nice.  As we discussed the situation and I was reading to her some of the comments on the credit reports,  she asked me if I had the credit reporta and if I would mind sharing them with her.  I copied only the Wells Fargo information from all three credit reporting services and faxed it to her late Friday afternoon.  Hopefully, on Monday she will have time to look at the credit reports and get back to me.  If I don't hear from her by the end of the day Monday, I will contact her on Tuesday.

Also mailed off a debt validation letter.  For the life of me I cannot recall the debt and because (as I explained in the letter) I have twice been the victim of identity theft, I needed them to provide the information outlined in the FDCPA.

In addition I mailed off three goodwill letters.  That was the last of them.  Hopefully by mid-year, I will have a clean credit report.

Message 7 of 10
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Got another letter Wednesday from a colleciton agency stating they had sent word to Experian, Equidfiax, and TransUnion to remove all derogatory information for me from their reporting.

I cannot believe how well this good will letter stuff works.

Message 8 of 10
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Wow,  Just got my updated credit score and it jumped 27 points.

Message 9 of 10
EddieK
Established Contributor

Nice job...congrats!

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.