Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torres Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Torres Collection

I sold my home about 5 weeks ago and title company was supposed to pay the balance on the account, $204.00. They didnt pay it so it went to a collection company. Wgen i got ghe letter yesterday i called them and paid it today in full. I had them send me a letter that is psid and they also are telling the CRA to delete it from my credit report. I got dinged today 35 points with experian and 19 points with eqifax. My question is will the CRA give me back the points?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Torres Collection

Please iet me know,
Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The CRA doesnt assign Fico score points Fair Isaac Corp does, if there are no other changes to the reports then yes when its deleted the points should be returned to you

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The OC cannot report deletion of reporting that they did not make.

The debt colector reportied the collection, and thus hte CRA will most likely require a deletion reported by the debt collector.

The proper process would be for the creditor to have notified the debt collector that the collection referreal was in error, and that the collection should be deleted by the debt collector.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection company sent me a letter on friday thst there is 0 balance snd telling the Credit Bureau to delete the debt. I faxed ghis ketter on friday to experian and eqifax.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about typos.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.