Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally discouraged!!! Need to vent!!!

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Totally discouraged!!! Need to vent!!!

So i have been on here for years trying to fix my credit report.  And I have been trying to buy a house for years as well!!!

It seems that EVERY time my scores starts to climb a company out there will get me!!!

I have 3 credit cards under a 30% Util.   No lates the past 2 years.   And I had NO BADDIES until now!!!! 

I cancelled my Verizon account to go with another company and bam they hit my credit report with a 1400$ bill.   I am sure its for boxes they think I have not returned and maybe the last months statement.  I never received a bill though Smiley Sad Smiley Sad   I've tried to call them and they have no knowledge of my bill but they sure like to acknowlegde that I owe the bill when I dispute it!!!

So now my scores are down to the 500's.... well I thought I was in the 700's based on my Score 8  until I saw the Score 5 and so on... 

I am just very depressed and I just don't understand how I will ever get a house or a credit card with a good limit Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad    I see so many people on here with really good limits and good cards.   I am just so discouraged this happens EVERY TIME to me.  I work so hard to at LEAST get into the upper 600's.

I just feel like giving up!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Totally discouraged!!! Need to vent!!!

Sorry this happened to you!!!  I hate doing the three steps forward, two steps back....  hopefully you can get it resolved and removed. 

Verizon tried to send me to collections once for a third party billing I refused to pay.  When collections called me, I told them that.  I said I'll pay every penny I owe Verizon, but I will not pay that ridiculous third party fee (it was two collect calls totaling over $600 ~ one of those press 1 accept, but #8 tells you how much it'll cost).  They dropped it.  Never heard another word. 

So hang in there!  Things sometimes do work out in our favor!   Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 10
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I know you're frustrated. I've been there but don't give up. Take a deep breath and think of what you need to do. Did DV Verizon? Do you have proof you returned the boxes like a receipt from them or something? I would DV them if you haven't and see how they respond to you and go from there. Pull out any paperwork that you sgned with them and look it over. Just hang in there and venting is fine. I do it on here sometimes but never give up! You'll have that house soon enough and the scores you need to get it.

Message 3 of 10
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thanks for your support!

Verizon is updating their records every month so that my points go down every month.

I will never use this company again and I will warn others by posting reviews on what they are doing.

Can I DV the orginal creditor (Verizon)?  Because from what I read on here you can only DV the CA?

Please let me know so I can get started.

Thanks.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@glamchick wrote:

Thanks for your support!

Verizon is updating their records every month so that my points go down every month.

I will never use this company again and I will warn others by posting reviews on what they are doing.

Can I DV the orginal creditor (Verizon)?  Because from what I read on here you can only DV the CA?

Thanks.

A DV only is effective on a CA or JDB not the OC. What you can do with the OC is send them a certified latter of direct dispute with demand for itemization of what is owed. If you determine that it is not a valid bill from this information then your next move is either a CFPB complaint or sending them an ITS letter (Intent to sue) for false credit reporting. These guys and other communications players do this all the time, only by complaining about it when it is in fact bogus is going to get them to change their tactics.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

I also removed your second thread on this as its being addressed here. starting a new thread on same subject only leads to confusion by the members. You can update your title of this thread if you want by going to your first post then in the options menu in upper right hand corner of the post select edit post.

Message 5 of 10
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@glamchick wrote:

Thanks for your support!

Thanks.

A DV only is effective on a CA or JDB not the OC. What you can do with the OC is send them a certified latter of direct dispute with demand for itemization of what is owed. If you determine that it is not a valid bill from this information then your next move is either a CFPB complaint or sending them an ITS letter (Intent to sue) for false credit reporting. These guys and other communications players do this all the time, only by complaining about it when it is in fact bogus is going to get them to change their tactics.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

I also removed your second thread on this as its being addressed here. starting a new thread on same subject only leads to confusion by the members. You can update your title of this thread if you want by going to your first post then in the options menu in upper right hand corner of the post select edit post.

+1 my apologies I meant DV the CA. It was late and I should've been clearer. I couldn't agree more with Gdale. Good luck, Glamchick. Hang in there and do exactly as stated. Fight for a correct credit report.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never give up! Everything is fixable! You can and WILL do this!

Message 7 of 10
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thank you so much!!  

I am going to take your advice and send them a letter requesting an itemized bill.   Wish me luck and I will keep you posted on the progress.

I hope anyone else that gets discouraged reviews this thread and I hope it helps them too!

Thanks again!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never give up.  It took 3 months of battle for a double posting to disappear.  It's taken almost 6 months with my current Junk Debt fiasco and the unexpected happened, a ChargeOff Took Off! One report but hey, I got tears. Seriously. Confused joy. 

If if something is going to be with you for seven years, you've got nothing but time. Smiley Happy The only true failure is not trying.

Message 9 of 10
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thats a great way of thinking of it!!!

I just have fought these battles before in the past and I feel so unprotected by just allowin these companies to report without your knowledge.

I hopefully one day will have a credit card with a decent limit and a house Smiley Wink

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.