cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota Address & Fax # and Goodwill Policy??

Regular Contributor

Toyota Address & Fax # and Goodwill Policy??

Hello all,

I called Toyota to ask about a converting my lease to a retail purchase and other payment info. During our conversation, I simply asked the CSR how I would go about having a late or two payments either not reported or removed from my acct for a few lates that I have. (The lates are legitimate, no disputing there!) She said well actually, we have a department that handles lates, removals and other issues pertaining to credit reporting. She then told me that I would need to write a letter and either fax or mail it to the following address:

 

Toyota Financial Services

Credit Dispute Research Team

P.O. Box 9786

Cedar Rapids, IA 52409

Fax #: 319-221-6979

 

I asked her exactly what I needed to include in the "goodwill" letter and she said that I should be very specific and include why I was late, how SATISFIED and PLEASED I am with the Toyota Brand (don't know if that will help but since she suggested it, they may want to hear how great the company and service is, blah blah blah). She also told me to include how I have maintained timely payments and include the # of Toyota vehicles I have and my plans to obtain a new vehicle after my lease agreement ends in May 2013. *****SURPRISE SURPRISE, she let it slip that they do have a POLICY where they will remove at least one late payment for goodwill for their customers.***** I asked her what the policy was called and she stated she didn't know but they DID infact have a POLICY to assist their customers but they usually will only remove x1 late. But, oh well anything is better than nothing! I am sending my goodwill letter to them tonight and will mail it certified, return receipt in the morning. Hope this information is helpful to you guys.....

 

 

 

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
15 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Toyota Removed 3-30 day lates after GW

Update after GW to Toyota...Smiley Happy

 

I had in total 5-30 day lates and 1-60 day late between 2 cars with Toyota.

 

I wrote Toyota a GW letter for each car (2010 & 2011 Camry) asking for GW removal of any and/or all lates. After my GW letter, Toyota sent me verification that the lates would be removed per my disputed request. (even though I did not dispute, simply asked for removal) 

 

2010 Camry had 2-30 day lates and Toyota removed 1-30 day late.

 

2011 Camry had 3-30 day lates and 1-60 day late - Toyota removed 2-30 day lates - Not bad, I'm not complaining at all. But I will call back and ask for GW to remove the 60 day. I figured I had nothing to lose since most people have stated that Toyota will only remove x1 late mark; guess that's not true as always, YMMV!

 

**** Hope this can help someone trying to seek GW from Toyota Financial Services.****

 

 

 

 

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Established Contributor

Re: Toyota Removed 3-30 day lates after GW


DM6410 wrote:

Update after GW to Toyota...Smiley Happy

 

I had in total 5-30 day lates and 1-60 day late between 2 cars with Toyota.

 

I wrote Toyota a GW letter for each car (2010 & 2011 Camry) asking for GW removal of any and/or all lates. After my GW letter, Toyota sent me verification that the lates would be removed per my disputed request. (even though I did not dispute, simply asked for removal) 

 

2010 Camry had 2-30 day lates and Toyota removed 1-30 day late.

 

2011 Camry had 3-30 day lates and 1-60 day late - Toyota removed 2-30 day lates - Not bad, I'm not complaining at all. But I will call back and ask for GW to remove the 60 day. I figured I had nothing to lose since most people have stated that Toyota will only remove x1 late mark; guess that's not true as always, YMMV!

 

**** Hope this can help someone trying to seek GW from Toyota Financial Services.****

 

 

 

 


Holy Jesus!!

 

I am about to take care of 5 30 day lates, and 4 60 day lates. I have no idea what to write. Could you either post or message me the letter you used? I won't plagerize it I promise.

 

These lates I had are my major ones. Actually, I used to work for a Toyota dealership in sales but lost my job late 2008 because because of poor sales performance. That contributed to my lates. Do you think I should include it in my letter?

AMEX: $0/$25,000, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$14,000, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 743
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Member

Re: Toyota Removed 3-30 day lates after GW

I'm trying my luck with this today. I had one 30 day late payment when I had my Scion thorugh toyota. I know 30 days arent a huge deal but one less negative account on my CR the better.

Regular Contributor

Re: Toyota Removed 3-30 day lates after GW


SwiftTone wrote:

DM6410 wrote:

Update after GW to Toyota...Smiley Happy

 

I had in total 5-30 day lates and 1-60 day late between 2 cars with Toyota.

 

I wrote Toyota a GW letter for each car (2010 & 2011 Camry) asking for GW removal of any and/or all lates. After my GW letter, Toyota sent me verification that the lates would be removed per my disputed request. (even though I did not dispute, simply asked for removal) 

 

2010 Camry had 2-30 day lates and Toyota removed 1-30 day late.

 

2011 Camry had 3-30 day lates and 1-60 day late - Toyota removed 2-30 day lates - Not bad, I'm not complaining at all. But I will call back and ask for GW to remove the 60 day. I figured I had nothing to lose since most people have stated that Toyota will only remove x1 late mark; guess that's not true as always, YMMV!

 

**** Hope this can help someone trying to seek GW from Toyota Financial Services.****

 

 

 

 


Holy Jesus!!

 

I am about to take care of 5 30 day lates, and 4 60 day lates. I have no idea what to write. Could you either post or message me the letter you used? I won't plagerize it I promise.

 

These lates I had are my major ones. Actually, I used to work for a Toyota dealership in sales but lost my job late 2008 because because of poor sales performance. That contributed to my lates. Do you think I should include it in my letter?


I just PM'd you the GW letter that worked for me, hope it helps!

 

Also, I guess I wouldn't really include that I used to work for Toyota because it makes it seem as if you were let go because you couldn't sell enough cars. They have a dispute dept and apparently some "policy" of removing at least 1 late, so it may not matter if you worked for Toyota or Nissan etc. You can plagarize my letter as need be, this is not an english course, I truly hope you have the same results as the 60 days and multiple 30s kills your score. I am considering disputing my 60 day that remains but I am grateful that they have removed 3 of my 30 days so I honestly don't wanna push them to their limit and come back and say "Oh, by the way, we made a mistake only allowed to remove x1 30 day late".

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Regular Contributor

Re: Toyota Removed 3-30 day lates after GW


viventi wrote:

I'm trying my luck with this today. I had one 30 day late payment when I had my Scion thorugh toyota. I know 30 days arent a huge deal but one less negative account on my CR the better.


Good Luck! Hey one less 30 days is a win.... Smiley Happy

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Member

Re: Toyota Removed 3-30 day lates after GW

can you please pm the goodwill letter that worked for you. 

 

Thank you very much in advance.

Highlighted
New Visitor

Re: Toyota Removed 3-30 day lates after GW

That's great information. Could you send me the template that worked so well for you. Thanks!

New Visitor

Re: Toyota Address & Fax # and Goodwill Policy??

hi can you help me too, i have 3 late payment report and it is affecting my credit. i got pregnant and i have nobody to help me with, plus i was not able to work due to my pregnancy. im always sick

Established Member

Re: Toyota Address & Fax # and Goodwill Policy??

Hi. Do you think that you can send me the gw letter that you used? I was just writing one when this popped up. Thanks!