Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Union Disputes

tag
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

Trans Union Disputes

I disputed two collection accounts, one was a sizable one from medicredit, it did not belong to me and the other was a sprint collection. I recived a copy of my trans union report today, the two collections were gone, however there was no mention of the disputes anywhere. 

Is it safe to assume that those accounts have been removed or whould Trans Union send out a report without collections/disputes on it? My initial dispute was online 11/5.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Trans Union Disputes

If you file a dispute with a CRA, they are required, unless they dismiss the dispute as frivolous or irrelevant, to conclude their reinvestigation of your dispute within 30 days, and send you a formal Notice of Results of REinvestigation within 5 business days after concluding their reinvestigation.

The Notice of Results of Reinvestigation is the formal document that concludes the dispute and informs the consumer of the resutls.

If the dispute results in either the correction or deletion of an information, the CRA is required to proivde a revised credti report as an accompaniment to the Notice of Resutls of Reinvestigation, showing that the changes have actually been entered into your credit file and are appearing in your credit report.

Did you receive a Notice of Resutls from the CRA, which would inform you specifically of how the dispute was resolved, consistent with the revised credit report?

Message 2 of 4
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

I have not received a Notice of Resutls from TU, just a copy of the credit report.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If your dispute was on Nov 5th, their reinvestigation period does not expire until Dec 5th, and they then have 5 business days to place their Notice of Results in the mail, or oonvey to you electronically if you authorized them to send electronically.

I would give another two weeks, then contact the CRA if you have not received their formal Notice of REsults.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.