Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trans Union

My trans Union score on my fico dropped 12 points stating a change in my balance. The $ amount they mention is my truck loan balance which decreases every month because I'm always on time with payment. I called my fico and they said they needed to escalate this to a higher level and they would call me tomorrow with their findings. Could they have made a mistake?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
korunner
Established Member

Re: Trans Union

this happened to me TODAY too. i paid off a 2k credit card and have paid off ALL credit cards in the last two weeks. i was soooooo frustrated. maybe someone has insight. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm calling them again tomorrow. Very seldom does trans Union do updates. Equifax is the only one that seems to give updates timely.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 8
korunner
Established Member

can you post when you find something out? i never thought to call. i appreciate learning what you hear. i was soooooo sad. i thought "ohh an update, this will be great!" and then BAM score lower when balance reaches zero. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting that my transunion faco score when up close to 50 points last week a then today myfico transunion dropped 12 points. This doesn't make any sense to me. Trans Union ups their score on their website and fico does the opposite. I don't understand. FICO needs to explain this to me.
Message 6 of 8
korunner
Established Member

yes, my TU score supposedly went down 6 points. i looked earlier and it went from 586 to 582. i checked again just now and it says 586. on credit karma my TU score is 613. credit karma has NOT updated since i paid off one of my cards, though. i am so confused! i have had stellar credit until last year i was laid off. now, i have gotten back on track, paid off all CC, updated student loans, gotten medical collections removed...now i am waiting for a score jump. 

Message 7 of 8
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

One thing I've noticed with Transunion is that my Fako score with them is all over the place.  I try not to check it daily but it goes up & down several times a week.  About 2 weeks ago it dropped 47 pts & I freaked out.  About 4 or 5 days later it had rebounded plus 10 more pts.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.