Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Adding Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion Adding Account

This morning, I decided to check my TransUnion score at CreditKarma.  I know that these scores are not even close to the true FICO scores, but I use this to alert me to the need to do further investigation.  I was shocked to find that my score had dropped significantly, so I decided to order the score and report from myFICO.  I was even more shocked to see that the score had dropped over 70 points.  When I looked at the report, I noticed that an old chargeoff that was removed in June had been re-added to my report and the balance that was being reported was significantly higher.  I immediately called TransUnion, but it was a complete waste of time.  The person at their call center basically told me that I could submit an online dispute and wait and see what happened and that she had no idea why it would reappear.  What really makes me angry about this is that, on the new credit report, the account that had been re-added is now scheduled to go off in August.  It's kind of stupid to me that they would remove an account, add it for a month, and then remove it again.  I've submitted a dispute to TransUnion and will now have to carefully monitor my two other reports to make sure it doesn't happen there.  I have copies of the report from May that shows the removal date of June, the June report with the account removed, and now the July report with it back on. This sounds like definite re-aging to me.....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TransUnion Adding Account

It is only re-aging if they changed the DOFD to cause it to report beyond the 7 to 7.5 yr CRTP. If it is still within the 7-7.5 yr period, then they can still report (even if the OC deleted it for whatever reason).

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is beyond the 7-7.5 year period.  I'm going to check again in a month to see if it has been removed. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE - When I found out that TransUnion put the old account back on my report yesterday, I immediately filed an online dispute.  This morning, I received an email notification that the dispute had been resolved.  When I viewed the resolution, TransUnion had removed the account.  I'm amazed at how fast they responded.  I'm going to wait a few weeks and order another copy of my report, just to make sure. 

Message 4 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Phew.  What a relief!  I bet u had a heart attack over that one.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hope that all the points come back when I order my FICO score again!  I'll give it a few weeks to settle down and see what happens.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Update - I just ordered a new report/score.  The account has been removed from my report, but my score has not changed.  I'm trying to find out whether TransUnion reports the FICO score to myFICO and what agency I need to contact to get this mess cleared up. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.