cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Class Action Lawsuit Settlement - is this legit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Class Action Lawsuit Settlement - is this legit?

I would recommend everyone to make a copy of the web site and consult a attorney. That way u will know if it is real or not we only have until sept.17,2010. Good luck to everyone on this. Will let u know what I find out an,let me know what u find out.    Theresa

Message 11 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just keep in mind that this is Transunion attorneys giving us this information at the last minute! Look hard for the right attorney for this issue. Everyone have a good day. let me know what u all find out. This is going to be interesting.

Message 12 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

i took a chance, i registered......hope it is legit

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at th claim form - they only want basic contact info from you... SSN or other acct numbers are not required. They only want which companies you dealt with (e.g. Chase, Citibank, etc...)

Also, the same law firm has a class action lawsuit against BP for the oil spill.

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to be part of the lawsuit. Mod Cut!

Welcome to the forums!

In the future, please do not post any of your personal information in the forums, its for your safety and privacy.

Thank you for your cooperation!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I typed a long version - an error occured so short version is:    A quick, good Google search will reveal the TU URL.  $75 million of which about $50million is left for eligible class-members.  Many will ignore.  Paranoia will stop many.  The less people who sign-up the larger the settlement - for people like me.  Obama was not involved in any phase of this - not arrangements nor settlement fund structuring; that should tell you it's legit.  SSN is required as well as DOB, current address, phone - all the information needed if it's legit or a con.  Don't take a chance, it will affect the amount of my settlement. 

Message 16 of 42
dihydrogen

I registered at www.ListClassAction.com at 09/24/2008 09:52:02 EDT.

On 01/05/2010 07:02:45 EDT, I received this...

Dear Class Member:

As part of the terms of your Class Action Settlement with TransUnion, you’ve received a six month subscription to TransUnion Credit Monitoring, fulfilled by TrueCredit.  Register now and start enjoying the benefits of credit monitoring right away!  You’ll get:

* The ability to lock your credit report so third parties, such as lenders or other companies, will not be able to access your credit report without your consent (unless allowed by law);
  * Unlimited daily access to your Trans Union credit report and credit score; and
  * Credit monitoring with email notification of critical changes to your credit report.

Ready to get started?

Your registration number is <xxxx>. Be sure to enroll soon as your registration number is only available for a limited time.  Please note that our records indicate that you also registered for the potential cash benefit.  A final determination as to whether there will be a distribution of the cash benefits and, if any, the amount of any distribution, will not occur before September 2010 and could occur as late as October 2011.  You may visit the website www.ListClassAction.com for updates regarding this potential benefit.

Just click here and enter your registration number and you’ll be on your way to credit monitoring!

Sincerely,

TransUnion List Class Action

Settlement Administration

I then received six months of these...

Online Personal Credit Reports & Credit Scores at TransUnion Settlement

Dear Xxxxx,

You're in the clear. During the past month, no credit alerts have been triggered by changes to your credit report.

This means there have been:

* No new inquiries posted to your report

* No new accounts opened in your name

* No address changes

* No public records or any potentially negative items

Your credit health is as important to us as it is to you. Using credit alerts to stay informed and up-to-date about your credit standing is a smart thing to do. If you'd like to view a complete history of your credit alerts, please login to your account here.

If you have any questions about your account, our Customer Service team is available seven days a week. For contact information and hours of service, click here.

Thank you for choosing TransUnion Settlement. You can count on us to be a true partner when it comes to managing your credit.

TransUnion Settlement
Manage your credit. Manage your life. (sm)

Message 17 of 42
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I strongly suggest that you first call the Fed Trade Commission (FTC) for sound legal advise.

They are the legislative and administrative body charged under botth the FCRA and the FDCPA for compliance with the provisions of the statutes.

Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I have seen the same ad several timesand I am wondering if its legit and if it is what I have to do

to continue about this.

Message 19 of 42
marty56
Super Contributor

Other websites offer the same service and all are suspect to me.  In the 2 CALs I had been involved with, I was notified by the company of my eligibility for compensation.  The lure of free credit monitoring isn't very powerful vs. the months of pain required to resolve ID theft isn't worth it.

Besides this, anyone here been really damaged by this? Emotional damage and years of therapy for recieving junk mail or spam emails or a phone calls.  If legit, the government can have my share to pay down debt or take the money and give it to charity.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.