cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Class Action Lawsuit Settlement - is this legit?

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: TransUnion Class Action Lawsuit Settlement - is this legit?

@Anonymous wrote:

The less people who sign-up the larger the settlement - for people like me.

Since there are too many people like you in the world, even if you do see a dime, it won't be much more then that.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI...I actully called the law office that has the site. I was put through teir office in Corpus Crispi and was told that there was a probition in the settlement that allows those of us that did not sign up for the suit in the beginning to sign up now.  TThe attroney's office number is 361-693-3100. (The site address for the info is  tuclaim.com. just to make sure we have the same info). . I was also told that you do not have to put your SSN  on the claim form if you are not comfortable doing so.

Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope everyone is doing ok? I Talked to attorney, she said " this is how it works. The Law Firm starts the law suit an they r court ordered to take other clients on. They get 1 3rd of what each individual person gets. And it is so u don't individually sue them( Trans Union) that is why they set it up this way. The Firm is a legit firm. Good idea to check the federal trade commission! Get back to u later. People try not to fight we r all grown ups here?

Message 23 of 42
fused
Moderator Emeritus

This is a reminder to be friendly, supportive and respectful when posting in the forums.

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I read through th eagreement with this lawfirm that has the add on TV. They want 50% of any awared amount. PLUS expenses which they list as $.25 per page of paper , videos transportation etc. its a long list . So if they do win they get probaby 80% of the amount and the other 20% is distrubuted to the millions who signs up.

I'm looking for another firm that is also filing andsee if they split different.

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us all know how they r splitting it. I would like to know. What I want to know  is how can Trans Union still be in business?

Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw this on Tv I also want to know if it is legit?  Ive had a few home loans as well as car loans and credit cards.

How will we know how to go about getting a claim filled?

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to http://www.tuclaim.com, as far as I can see yes, it is legit. Everyone should check it out for them selfs, an know that it is real. Yes I filled out the forms.

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw the add on t.v. last night, I don;t know how legit it is but how can we find out the truth?

I am not cool giving out my info either.

Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look under federal pending cases put the info in there and it will tell u, speak to ur attorney or a attorney, look up the law firm. Then u will know but, everyone has to do it for them self because really r u going to believe me? It is always better to know for your self.

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.