Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Help Please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion Help Please

I started my credit repair in November 2014.  My TransUnion score started at 616. Since that time 4 months plus, I have been able to remove 4 negative items including two liens, one collection and one judgement. Additionally, I added a Finger Hut line of credit $1000, a Secured Bank Card $300, OverStock credit line $2,500 and a Target CC for $300. Things are looking better except for my Credit Score.  Four months later I am at 615 ?  I don't get it?  I had 8 positive things happen to my report why isn't there movement on my credit score?  I still have 3 negatives on my Trans Union Report but nothing negative has happened in the past couple of years. On another note, Experian and Equifax are 50 point hirer than TU...

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TransUnion Help Please

@Anonymous wrote:

I started my credit repair in November 2014.  My TransUnion score started at 616. Since that time 4 months plus, I have been able to remove 4 negative items including two liens, one collection and one judgement. Additionally, I added a Finger Hut line of credit $1000, a Secured Bank Card $300, OverStock credit line $2,500 and a Target CC for $300. Things are looking better except for my Credit Score.  Four months later I am at 615 ?  I don't get it?  I had 8 positive things happen to my report why isn't there movement on my credit score?  I still have 3 negatives on my Trans Union Report but nothing negative has happened in the past couple of years. On another note, Experian and Equifax are 50 point hirer than TU...

Where are you getting this TU score?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

One baddie will counteract the effect of dozens of positive accounts, especially if the baddie is reporting monthly.  It's the first baddie that does the most damage.  The additional baddies do a little more damage, but it's the first one that destroys your score.  Until you get the 3 baddies dealt with you're going to have a hard time increasing your score much.  I was looking at the score simulator and it says that if I make all payments on time for two years my score will go up about 30 points, but if I miss one single payment my score will drop 80+ points instantly, and that's with no baddies on my EQ report.    

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses... I just bought my three scores from MyFico.com  does that matter?

Message 4 of 12
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Is your utilization low on your new accounts?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buying your scores here won't affect them (it's a SP), but at lease you have actual FICOs, which are going to be closer to what lenders pull than what you get from other sites.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization is about 45% I just got the cards needed to purchase a few things to pay down...

Message 7 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the responses... I just bought my three scores from MyFico.com  does that matter?

Yes I was trying to determine if it was a true Fico score or a FAKO.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why with myfico you see scores go up or down with new cards added or when you pay down cards? I have never seen my scores go up when negative items fall off or are removed?? Why is that?

Message 9 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I would suspect these remaining negatives are weighing heavily on your TU Fico. If they are not reporting on the other 2 CRAs then that is your answer,

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.