Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Reporting a Late

tag
UnderEstimated
Contributor

TransUnion Reporting a Late

So my credit score across the board is in the low 700s.  I still have some debt to payoff, but over the past year it's gone from the low 600s.

Anyway, I use CreditSecure from AMEX for constant reporting and I pull my FICO report here 4-5 a year.  So today I got an alert from CreditSecure saying "Potentially Negative Information" has posted to my account.  I investigate and notice that my TU score (which was 707) is now down to (649) and under the "negative" section it says one of my accounts has had a late payment (30+ days past due) posted.

The problem is, I haven't paid late to any creditor and as of today, my accounts show current, paid on time.  How can I found out which creditor reported as late if all are showing as "green - paid on time"?

myFICO hasn't sent me any credit alerts as of now, but now I'm going to be watching like crazy.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TransUnion Reporting a Late

Try pulling your report from here or from transunion. A baddie, like a CO or a CA, could have updated this month and could have caused that.
Message 2 of 3
UnderEstimated
Contributor

Re: TransUnion Reporting a Late

Ok, so I have 4 remaining reports I can pull here.  I just used one and found a big issue...  My previous TU score on FICO was 701, it is now 587.

FICO shows an account reporting as a 60-day late or "other" deliquency note.  When I view the details on the account, it shows as "paid as agreed" but the account is also reporting as "Paying creditor on modified terms".

Long story short, it's been a long month...  My company laid off a few employees and cut most of our salaries.  I make 60% of what I used to earn, so I've been making do, but I have been relying on my Citi card to consolidate credit since I had a low APR with them.  Last month, Citi raised one of my credit card APRs to 29.90% out of no where (I guess because I was now using this card a lot) and I called them to try and get it reduced.  Considering my balance on the card was nearly $10K, I couldn't afford the minimum payments now.  I never paid late to them and called them as soon as I saw the new minimum due.

Anyway, the representative was very helpful and said that they could reduce my APR to 14% for one year as long as I schedule my minimum amount due as an auto-deduction for that entire year in advance.  I said no problem, it was setup and I was locked in to 14% for the entire year with an auto-deduction setup.

So now that I have this setup, the account is reporting as paid on time, but it has this note on my CR as "Paying creditor on modified terms".  What can I do?  Obviously, this is counting as a big negative!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.