Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion dispute completion ETA?

tag
Jahmakan
Valued Member

TransUnion dispute completion ETA?

Has anyone done an online dispute with TransUnion? If so, approximately how long did it take? I did one almost a month ago referring to an auto loan that was paid off in 2012, but still shows up as being open and having a balance of $966. I received the email about the investigation, but nothing since.  I assume it's case by case, but I ask just to get feedback that could give me an idea. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: TransUnion dispute completion ETA?

I think it just depends on what the dispute is for.  I have disputed things that came back in less than 24 hours and other disputes that took exactly 30 days.  It varies.

Message 2 of 6
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

It varies. I disputed something last week and it was completed yesterday - so less than a week.

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 3 of 6
Tetraptych
Established Member

Filed a dispute on 7/11 and it came back on 7/18. Hasn't shown up on the report to affect the score yet, though.

Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to rebuilding forum

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@sportsguy83 wrote:

It varies. I disputed something last week and it was completed yesterday - so less than a week.

+1

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.