Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion "estimated month and year that this item will be removed"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion "estimated month and year that this item will be removed"

My only negative item will supposedly be removed from TransUnion in 02/2013.  The negative is still on my account.  Does anyone know if the removal is typically done at the beginning or the end of the estimated month?  I guess it obviously isn't the beginning, but I am at least hoping it will occur at some point during the month of February.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TransUnion "estimated month and year that this item will be removed"

Estimated dates are not legal dates, as the CRAs will often use an estimated exclusion date several months prior to the maximum statutory exclusion date in order to give them a cushion against becoming in violation of the FCRA.

If the item is a collection or charge-off, the FCRA only requires the reporting of DOFD by month and year, and the exclusion is after the expiration of 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.  Thus, add 7 years plus 180 days, locate the month, and then the statutory exclusion period would be after the last day of that month.

However, once again, that is only the max date, and wont tell you when they will actually exclude.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information!  Are you aware of the accuracy of the estimates as compared with the actual date of removal?  In other words, if TransUnion's estimated date is XX/XX, does it generally remove the item relatively close to that date?

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, by next month, I would expect it to be gone.  At least that is from my experience.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!  Many thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.