Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion CA reporting

tag
vmoore0607
New Contributor

Transunion CA reporting

I have a few CAs reporting on my CR. Some of them fall off my TU report soon. Not sure if I should DV them because I don't want to awake them. Here is the info

Convergent Outsourcing estimated to be removed 8/2015 last reported 7/4/2013 $577

Debt Recovery solutions estimated to be removed 12/2015 last reported 9/13/2014 $480

GLA Collections (medical) estimated remoal 7/2015 last reported 11/16/2009 $64

GLA Collections (medical) estimated removal 3/2015 last reported 2/17/2009 $162

Midland Funding estimated removal 8/2015 last reported 10/4/2014 $548

^^ These are the last baddies on my CR....

Also, I have student loans that showed 30 days late. One was in 3/2008 and another in 11/2008. I've never been late on my loans. Too scared. I disputed with TU and it came back verified in a day. Is that possible? How should I handle this?

Thanks for any help?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Transunion CA reporting

Are these updating monthly? If not, I personally would leave them alone. By the end of this year you can call Transunion and ask for an early exclusion to get the ones due to fall off within 6 months off.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont dispute anything unless your 100% sure that the account contains wrong info . If you dispute those accounts that havent been reported in while and they get validated they will report new dates and that would hurt you so much more than just leaving them alone . For the one that got verified I would sent them a letter asking how they verified the account  and what info did they use . 

Message 3 of 8
vmoore0607
New Contributor

Debt recovery and midland are reporting monthly.
Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DV requests have a timeliness requirment in order to impose a cease collection bar.

If issues exist of validity of the debt, they should be pursued within the 30 day period after receipt of dunning notice.

When did they send dunning notice?

Message 5 of 8
vmoore0607
New Contributor

I never received a dunning notice
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Three different debt collectors all failed to send dunning notice?

If no prior dunning notice, then a DV would still be timely.

Which begs the question as to what you are attempting to accomplish by a DV.

It will impose a cease collection bar until they chose to provide validation.

If the debts are valid, validtion may be pro-forma, and in the interim, the cease collection bar will preclude any collection activities, including, for example, response to any PFD offer.

I would thus consideer the issues of validity of the debt and whether you wish to enter into payment offers before sending a DV.

Message 7 of 8
vmoore0607
New Contributor

Just midland and debt recovery. I never received anything.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.