cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Dispute

tag

Transunion Dispute

So I have been trying to clean up my credit for the past month or so. I watch these forums and I also use Credit Karma. I know it's not a accurate Fico score but I just use to to see what has changed on my report. I started at 556 and got to 612 on there. But on my Transunion there are 2 paid medical bills that I was able to dispute and have removed off the 2 other CRA and a collection. These items are still showing on my Transunion report. I have tried to dispute online but it keeps telling me it's unable to. I tried calling to dispute but they just keep giving me different numbers to call. I even contacted the attonery by email of the 2 medical collections with no response. Not sure what to do to get these items taken off. Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Transunion Dispute

oh yeah the items are all showing as open accounts. How does that affects my score if it does??

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Unless you made prior arrangements, like a PFD, there is no reason they cannot report as long as they are not beyond the 7.5 years for reporting.

Since they are paid, try sending written GW letters and ask for their deletion.

What is the dispute reason?

Message 3 of 5

I reported it as paid on the other 2 reports and they deleted it. I was hoping to do the same on the Transunion.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The issue is how the TU dispute was resolved, not the fact that they deleted reporting with the the other CRAs, unless those other disputes were resolved by clear statement from the furnisher that the information was inaccurate.  What was the finding in the other disputes?

If the other disputes were resolved by such a clear statement from them, they were required to have also reported the same results to ALL CRAs, not just the one who handled the dispute.

Did you file actually a formal dispute with TU?  If so, they were required to have sent a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation within approx 30'ish days.

That Notice must have advised that the information was either verified, corrected, or deleted.

If they sent notice, how was the dispute resolved?  If they have not concluded that dispute, there is no need to initiate a new one.

Can you elaborate on the status and outcome of each dispute?

As an aside, the silliness involved in filing an online dispute can be avoided by simply using the direct dispute process, thus cutting the CRA out of the picture.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.