Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Early Exclusion Success

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Transunion Early Exclusion Success

I recently posted about my experience with Experian. Around 4/21 I requested 6 early exclusions with Transunion and ended up getting 5 removed.

4 of the excluded items were supposed to be removed in 05/214

1 of the excluded items was supposed to be removed in 07/2014

The one item that they did not exclude is supposed to come off in 06/2014

Once the last item is removed the only baddies I'll have are 4 tax liens -- 2 paid CA FTB (both fall off in 2019), 2 unpaid IRS (both will be paid and withdrawn in 4 months tops). 

My Walmart TU FICO jumped from 612 to 686 in 1 month because of these changes. Should I try again on the last item now that it is May?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Transunion Early Exclusion Success

Congrats on your deletions!

I guess it would not hurt to ask for the deletion again. Are you trying to app for credit prior to the expected deletion date or are you just wanting to see it gone?

Message 2 of 8
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I would like to apply for the following:

* Barclay Rewards

* Lowe's (GECRB)

* Home Depot
* Discover IT

I'm not sure if the two IRS liens would stop me from getting the Barclay Rewards and not sure who HD and Discover pulls yet. I think I might get approved for Lowe's as I was approved for two GECRB cards recently: 

* Chevron - $300 CL -  6 months ago

* Walmart - $900 CL - 1 month ago (late March)

DCU recently declined me because of my IRS liens and 4 lates on a previous auto loan with Ally. At the time my EQ score was 692 but it dropped to 686 because I disputed those lates. They've already been removed from EX & TU, I anticipate it'll go back up once EQ deletes it. Ally has already agreed to remove the lates but unfortunately it looks like they're removing the entire TL from the reports. 

Edit: Clarifying that the lates were reported in error, I was never late on the loan. 

Message 3 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@McMarshall wrote:

I would like to apply for the following:

* Barclay Rewards

* Lowe's (GECRB)

* Home Depot
* Discover IT

I'm not sure if the two IRS liens would stop me from getting the Barclay Rewards and not sure who HD and Discover pulls yet. I think I might get approved for Lowe's as I was approved for two GECRB cards recently: 

* Chevron - $300 CL -  6 months ago

* Walmart - $900 CL - 1 month ago (late March)

DCU recently declined me because of my IRS liens and 4 lates on a previous auto loan with Ally. At the time my EQ score was 692 but it dropped to 686 because I disputed those lates. They've already been removed from EX & TU, I anticipate it'll go back up once EQ deletes it. Ally has already agreed to remove the lates but unfortunately it looks like they're removing the entire TL from the reports. 

Edit: Clarifying that the lates were reported in error, I was never late on the loan. 

Discover will pull TU and HD is a toss up between EQ and TU. 

I agree that Barclays will most likely not approve due to the Tax Liens. 

Message 4 of 8
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the advice. After this last baddie falls off, I'll go for the Lowe's since GECRB has been granting me credit. 

Message 5 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 8
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Well...I have a paid state tax lien and Barclays gave me a card,try anyway and good luck!!

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 7 of 8
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Do you still have the number you called for the early removals? 

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.